“Day after” holidays?

Great “day after”, Calico.

Once you retire, every day is a day after. Some great, some good! But they’re yours .

It was a multi-generational day to remember. :)

I am looking forward to every day as a day after. I will retire 25 months from today......the countdown has begun. :D

I’ve got about two weeks left in the office so I’m in a funny place. When we stopped traveling two hours for thanksgiving I started to love the holiday. I am a big fan of turkey, gravy, sweet potatoes etc., The food was great, leftovers great- Almost all of the holiday shopping is done.. since the Mrs. bought herself a sports watch looks like I’m good for Christmas. So since there’s no stress -what’s not to love? I went for a nice walk and it’s even warmed up a little...

Forgot I started this thread but I guess it’s relevant this week as well.

In some ways, I’ve always felt more settled once the big end of year holiday season between Thanksgiving and New Years has wrapped up. Life goes back to normal and gets a bit calmer. When working, people we interact with usually still have a “good cheer” holdover (usually...), a buzz.

When retired, we get to return to our usual “Take Back Our Workless Week!” social movement. Hah!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom