1 oz gold Buffalo proofs

I have never bought proof coins. While I have some what I bought for collection (full Lunar series) I perfectly understand than if I will need to sell price will be based on gold value.
But I'm not going to sell...you not sell gold..it pass from generation to generation...

A friend and I have had an ongoing conversation about this. We both have a collection of old coins, He has more collectable type stuff, like NCbill mentioned. I have a few worth more than bullion. I'm leaning towards sell the collectable at value and convert it to bullion. Its more for a SHTF event, and in that case, the collectable value is gone...

actually $0.025
If that's just based on the weight of the copper (they were really copper back in 1825), that's the least it would be worth. They use the old pennies for interesting jewelry, and I'm sure that's were a lot of "worthless" old coins go.

.... No idea how much they're worth, but likely not worth the trouble to sell.
I had an idea for some "too much trouble to sell silver coins". Early evening on new years eve, the place I was staying had a pool with about 15 kids of age 12 or so at that hour. I imagined walking past the pool and tossing a spread of coins into the pool and then just walking off. If those coins were within my reach, I would have done it!

Back
Top Bottom