April: -1.2%
May: +3.3%
YTD: +4.6%
YoY: +9.8%
Since 12/31/22: +15.8%
Since 12/31/21: +2.1%
Since 12/31/20: +14.1%
Since 12/31/19: +30.0%

The above are "all in", i.e. inclusive of money outflows for living expenses (now retired). I hit new all time highs in May (finally past the year end 21 highs) including momentarily (one day) hitting a new "million" marker. Alas, the mid-week selloffs took that away.
Speaking of new "million" marker, Old Megacorp stash is flirting with it's "first" million. I would never have thought it. Just wish I kept all that stock over the years - but I'm already in a quandary of whether to rebalance it into my other stuff. What's a poor guy to do when Megacorp finally "hits" big? (Celebrate, of course - but then worry about whether I'm too concentrated in one - my only - individual stock.) YMMV

Next question: What to do with PMs which are up 20% this year? Yeah, I know, BTD!

I might be talking out of line, but I believe it means Portfolio Manager.

Koolau should be back on to let you know for sure.
Sounds right. All these acronyms are just too much for me lol

Up 7.3% ytd. This past week was weird where, I was down big time (0.53%) through Thursday, but made it all back on Friday and then some!

Early Friday was not looking good either and I gave up on the week only to be surprised that evening with the Dow up 550+ . Crazy.

Is "Path Forward 2024" available as a "mutual fund" or ETF? Or does one actually invest in all those other funds? That would seem a daunting task to keep it balanced and it would be a tax nightmare unless all held in qualified instrument(s). I'm sure I'm missing something.
What do you recommend?

So sorry, everyone. PM stands for Precious Metals (primarily - well totally in my case) gold/silver. They've all been on a tear since the first of the year (and before.) PMs are more difficult to "balance" since they are chunks of metal in a safe deposit box. Issues with reporting and taxes upon sale and other stuff make them a bit unwieldy but they do smooth the portfolio over the years, and I got a great deal on them back in the day. As always, most folks hate PMs and I understand why. But sometimes, it's just nice to own something real that you can actually touch and hold in your hand - but YMMV.

Here are the lazy portfolios and their results. Lazy Portfolios

Must feel great to have a MATANA portfolio. "The MATANA portfolio represents a group of technology companies believed to have strong growth potential and are well-positioned to benefit from trends such as cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and e-commerce."

I notice that interest in this YTD performance thread is way down. Why is that?

Must feel great to have a MATANA portfolio. "The MATANA portfolio represents a group of technology companies believed to have strong growth potential and are well-positioned to benefit from trends such as cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and e-commerce."

I have been noticing that also. I just count the money at the end on each month, so I have really enjoyed this thread through the years.
I find when people post their end of month data it gives me a good reference of how I'm doing to the rest. It maybe that I need to adjust or see where I can improve how I invest.

Just saying, it helps to see AA when posting investment performance.
AA 40/55/5
+4.6% YTD
That is true and take for granted because I have posted my AA before. Thank You for the reminder.
Mine is ~78/15/7

+6.74% YTD
AA 52/41/7

The Lazy Portfolios link is interesting. They mostly have bond funds when they refer to bond allocation of portfolios.

The Lazy Portfolios link is interesting. They mostly have bond funds when they refer to bond allocation of portfolios.
I think that has to be, since using individual bonds would make things time-dependant on the purchase. I think that makes sense...

Speaking of new "million" marker, Old Megacorp stash is flirting with it's "first" million. I would never have thought it. Just wish I kept all that stock over the years - but I'm already in a quandary of whether to rebalance it into my other stuff. What's a poor guy to do when Megacorp finally "hits" big? (Celebrate, of course - but then worry about whether I'm too concentrated in one - my only - individual stock.) YMMV

As long as that Megacorp stash is only ~5->10% of your holdings you can keep it....
But if it's a large percentage, I'd be moving some of it to a more diversified holding, like a broad ETF.
I've had a few wonderful individual stocks (large companies) go belly up on me. :dead:

As long as that Megacorp stash is only ~5->10% of your holdings you can keep it....
But if it's a large percentage, I'd be moving some of it to a more diversified holding, like a broad ETF.
I've had a few wonderful individual stocks (large companies) go belly up on me. :dead:
Heh, heh, I WISH it was only 5 or 10% of my stash! Over the years, I've disposed of over 90% of the stock and still it grows. I'm totally not worried about the company going belly-up, but I'm sure the stock price could take a big tumble at some point. That's the reason I'm concerned - basically locking in some of the windfall. Thanks for the input.:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom