7th SWFL ER.org Get-together

You absentees were missed! I think we all had an enjoyable afternoon. Thank you again Omni for arranging things!

We had so much fun! It was great catching up with those we've met before as well as meeting the newbies!

Thanks again Omni for coordinating! Indeed, we all had so much fun talking that they essentially had to kick us out!

I'm very impressed by those who drove so far to join us - thanks for coming!

Sorry that I missed it... looks like fun. Looks like last year may have been my last year (pun intended) as on Friday we bought a house in Texas nearer to family and plan to snowbird between Vermont and Texas rather than Vermont and Florida.

Grandchildren... what more can I say?

Awwwwh, that's a good excuse! We missed you as well as the others who were unable to come. You'll have to start your own Texan meetup! :D

Thank you Omni for setting this up, and to all those attended.

Well worth the drive, great people with fascinating life experiences!

Looks like such fun!

It is a lot of fun!

I'm always impressed at the group of people who show up...so interesting, easy to talk to, well-informed, and with such varied life stories. I only wish I had more time to chat with everyone.

omni

Last edited:
This was a lot of fun! Thank you, Omni, for organizing! And thanks to all who came. DH really enjoyed it too. Great conversations with interesting and nice people! Looking forward to doing it again.

I completely missed this discussion thread until today, would have enjoyed this get together! Hope to catch it next year.

ZenB,

I just saw your post.

I usually start the initially planning in January and the actual get-together is in late Feb. Hope you can make it in 2025!

omni

Now that I think of it I might be looking for a good excuse to fly over to Sarasota for a long weekend at the beach in February 2025, We are currently at our Sarasota condo, packing things for a Thursday morning departure for our new home in Texas. We went to our last Florida Studio Theater show last night... we've been season ticket holders since 2016.

As I've previously posted in this thread, for those of you along the West Coast of FL, we have a Tampa Bay Bogleheads Local Chapter that currently meets quarterly. Our next meeting is Sat, May 11, from 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM at the Seminole Heights Branch Library.

In addition to our usual open Q&A discussion, we can talk about the impact of interest rates likely staying "higher for longer," along with whatever else is on attendees minds.

We have a number of members that drive up from the Sarasota region. More meeting details here...

Now that I think of it I might be looking for a good excuse to fly over to Sarasota for a long weekend at the beach in February 2025, We are currently at our Sarasota condo, packing things for a Thursday morning departure for our new home in Texas. We went to our last Florida Studio Theater show last night... we've been season ticket holders since 2016.

Safe travels, pb4uski!

Hope to see you at the 8th SWFL ER.org get-together.

omni

Back
Top Bottom