Amazon Pharmacy

jim584672

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Who is going to be brave enough to try it out? Think I will wait to see what others are saying before considering it.

I could see using this if I were living in a rural area, and miles from a pharmacy, especially if I had mobility issues. However, there is a big CVS a few blocks from me, so I think I'll pass for now.

My daughter lives in a rural area. Five hours from a large city.

She has her prescriptions sent to Costco in that larger city. They get sent to her overnight. Huge savings. They have no drug plan and a few of the prescriptions are expensive.

Who is going to be brave enough to try it out? Think I will wait to see what others are saying before considering it.

Why would one have to be brave? Just about everything AMZN touches turns to gold so I don't anticipate too many issues. Nonetheless, we have been using Express Scripts for several years and have had zero issues, so I have no reason to try anything new.

Why would one have to be brave? Just about everything AMZN touches turns to gold so I don't anticipate too many issues. Nonetheless, we have been using Express Scripts for several years and have had zero issues, so I have no reason to try anything new.
My thought as well. I wouldn’t have any qualms if their prices are competitive.

I’m not an Amazon fanboy, but I’ve yet to see them make a mess of one of their new initiatives. Moreover, this a fairly regulated industry. I’d think they would have to have this system well set up in order to get approval to start “dispensing” Rxs.

I'd probably do a little research first to see what company they bought to fulfill prescriptions and/or how their fulfillment will work. Do I want a disgruntled low-paid amazon employee filling scrips? Not really. But it is the way of things these days for sure.

I'd probably do a little research first to see what company they bought to fulfill prescriptions and/or how their fulfillment will work. Do I want a disgruntled low-paid amazon employee filling scrips? Not really. But it is the way of things these days for sure.

I suppose the Wal Mart tech at your local store is making significantly more than an AMZN employee? The local CVS here is hiring pharmacy techs, too... $14 an hour. :cool:

I suppose the Wal Mart tech at your local store is making significantly more than an AMZN employee? The local CVS here is hiring pharmacy techs, too... $14 an hour. :cool:

Yep yep, as I said, it is the way of things now. Probably it's because every time I drive by our amazon warehouse, I see the employees picketing outside. They seem more miserable than even the walmart employees do. For the record, I don't even take any scrips, so this is all a mental exercise for me.

My wife's been getting mail order prescriptions for years, and has saved $ over buying at the local CVS.

It's okay for those that have stable prescriptions. But my wife's doctors change her meds all the time, and it's hard to coordinate her account sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom