Anniversary Ideas

bank5

Recycles dryer sheets
My first year anniversary is in September and my dw and I are planning on splurging a bit to go someplace nice. We have enough airline miles so airfare isn't a problem but we don't have a lot of vacation time saved up (3 days, maybe 4 max).

Any recommendations on a good place to go? We'd like to go to the Turks and Caicos. We would probably book it last minutes since it's peak hurricane season during that time.

Where are you leaving from? Also, if you have not taken one before a short cruise will tell you if you like cruising.

Where are you leaving from? Also, if you have not taken one before a short cruise will tell you if you like cruising.

Leaving from RDU. I've thought about a short cruise but am not sure if it's our thing. I've never been on one though and it seems like there are some great deals on them.

We loved our honeymoon. Went to a small AI in Mexico and hung out in the pool a lot, soaked up sun on the beach, took a catamaran out a lot, had real nice meals, went to some shows, etc.

Our 25th is coming up. DW wants me to take her to London and Amsterdam. She also wants me to take her to see each of the kids (DS and DD) in the states twice a year (different locations) and stay a week each time, and to take a three week vacation for home leave, and...and...

I need to FIRE to be able to have the time to do all this...but I need the job to be able to pay for it....:blink:

R

With only 3 or 4 days, you'd burn a day each way to Turks / Caicos. I'd opt for Florida Gulf Coast (as you said last minute due to hurricanes) - Naples / Marcos Island (Marriott on Marcos is nice - fly into Fort Myers (about an hour drive from airport) or Sarasota (Lido Key Resort is nice) (about 1.5 hour drive from Tampa - less time than flying into Sarasota)

Talking to one of the neighbors, said he was about to celebrate his 50th anniversary, and had taken his wife to Alaska for the 25th. When I asked him what he was going to do for the 50th he said "I guess I'll go back and get her".

How about Bermuda ? It is soo much prettier than Turks and Caicos .Any of the Caribbean Islands are nice but it is hurricane season .Maybe a long week end in NYC . or Boston.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom