Another reason to stay out of jail

The link title reminds me of this old joke:

The men of Charlie Company had been in the field for two weeks when the Sarge announces, "Men, I've got good news and bad news. First the good news. Today we're going to change our underwear."

The troops start cheering wildly.

"Now the bad news" continues the Sarge. "Smith, you change with Jones, Andrews, you change with Murphy, ..."

I am surprised that this is even an issue. What did they do before? Throw perfectly good clothes away? Washed is washed.

Basically that's what they did, they sold or gave old clothes to businesses to turn into rags. That's what I was thinking. Imagine how much money the prison systems across the country could save if they washed vs replaced.

I don't think they said anything about shoes, but as one with very tender feet I would not be able to walk at all in recycled shoes.

I don't think they said anything about shoes, but as one with very tender feet I would not be able to walk at all in recycled shoes.
Those feet wouldn't be tender for very long...

What's underwear?

"recycled" seems a strange descriptor for the uniforms and underwear they are reusing.

I don't sleep on "recycled" bed sheets or dry my face on "recycled" towels at hotels. I use clean linens. Like these prisoners will be wearing clean underwear and wearing clean uniforms.

Maybe we're on to something here- have all prison garb come from Goodwill, just dye everything pink like Sheriff Joe does with his uniforms here in AZ...
Probably save the taxpayers a lot of money.:whistle:

Back
Top Bottom