Any electronic experts?

old medic

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Got a Blue Ray player issue that's about to drive me nuts....

Have had it several years, the other day put in a DVD, tray closes, it turns the TV on and changes to the HDMI input.... get a no signal error but is registering as the BR player.
Retry, shutting everything down, even different DVD... same thing.
So get the bedroom player (same exact model) and swap...
It works fine in the bedroom, and the newer BR does the same damn thing...
MUst be the input on the TV.... switch to the other HDMI port... same thing...
Grab a new HDMI cable.... SAME THING.... :facepalm:
Now what?

Got a Blue Ray player issue that's about to drive me nuts....

Have had it several years, the other day put in a DVD, tray closes, it turns the TV on and changes to the HDMI input.... get a no signal error but is registering as the BR player.
Retry, shutting everything down, even different DVD... same thing.
So get the bedroom player (same exact model) and swap...
It works fine in the bedroom, and the newer BR does the same damn thing...
MUst be the input on the TV.... switch to the other HDMI port... same thing...
Grab a new HDMI cable.... SAME THING.... :facepalm:
Now what?

If I'm understanding you correctly, when you load a DVD disc into the blu-ray player, it spins up, the TV screen shows the blu-ray player is connected (for example TV might show "HDMI 2, Blu-Ray Player") but the TV then displays the error message, "No Signal on HDMI Input 2"? Is that correct?

Since the blu-ray player number 1 works fine on the bedroom TV and since the blu-ray player 2 from the bedroom has the same problem with the main TV, the problem is somewhere with the main TV. I suggest unplugging the main TV for 1 minute, plug back in and retry.

I'm also kind of curious--when you attempt to play a DVD you said that you insert the DVD into the player and it "turns on the TV". Does this mean that prior to putting the DVD in the player the TV was powered off?

I got confused over which BR player works where. "It" and "newer", which is which?

-ERD50

you insert the DVD into the player and it "turns on the TV". Does this mean that prior to putting the DVD in the player the TV was powered off?

Yes, its always been linked.... with everything off, you could just hit the BR remote on button, and the TV would turn on and change to the BR input.

Thank you..... That worked..

The circuitry that allows you to be able to automatically turn on other devices hooked up to your TV by powering up any one device is called CEC, an acronym for consumer electronic control.

Manufacturers have their own trademarked names for CEC:

Samsung calls it Anynet+
LG calls it SimpLink
Sony calls it Bravia Link

The technology is not perfect. Sometimes the TV needs to be reset to get the CEC to play with the other devices properly. That's what you did when you unplugged it and plugged it back in again.

. I suggest unplugging the main TV for 1 minute, plug back in and retry.

Thank you..... That worked..

Yeah, I used to get upset when I call the cable company or tech support and the first thing they say is unplug it and let it sit for a few minutes. But, that has cured a lot of problems for me over the years. Especially with my router.

Back
Top Bottom