Anyone enjoy watching an attractive woman knock herslf out flirting?

i saw a mating dance the other day....my buddy and i were at the strip club though so it was expected.

Did you enjoy the $20 cover and the $10 watered-down drinks??

I suppose women look at it differently, but I have observed how both sexes do it, and women are in a different league than men, they are professionals.......:)

One other thing that gets ignored in public opinion that I have experienced is SOME females have VERY powerful sex drives.
Jim

Make it your goal to get to know as many of these as you can. :)

If she is in the mood, a high sex woman can put you in the hospital without breaking a sweat.

I suppose women look at it differently, but I have observed how both sexes do it, and women are in a different league than men, they are professionals.......:)

Even when they are working on other professionals. About 20 years ago I saw on PBS an adaptation of a Colette story about a young woman sitting in an outdoor cafe who gets dumped by her boyfriend. Pretty soon a late 40s attractive woman takes a place at her table. They are strangers, but the older woman has seen what has happened. She comforts the young woman; she is totally understanding and empathic. Before we know it, something other than distress starts to show on the young woman's face.

Before long they leave arm in arm.

I know guys who try this ploy, but they usually can't keep the drool off the table so they often manage to mess it up. And it is horrible to witness. But who can fail to appreciate absolute mastery?

ha

Make it your goal to get to know as many of these as you can. :)

If she is in the mood, a high sex woman can put you in the hospital without breaking a sweat.

I knew I few when I was single.........:cool:

Even when they are working on other professionals. About 20 years ago I saw on PBS an adaptation of a Colette story about a young woman sitting in an outdoor cafe who gets dumped by her boyfriend. Pretty soon a late 40s attractive woman takes a place at her table. They are strangers, but the older woman has seen what has happened. She comforts the young woman; she is totally understanding and empathic. Before we know it, something other than distress starts to show on the young woman's face.

Before long they leave arm in arm.

That's hot.........:D

@RIT, good point, and thanks for the vocabulary word; it will come in handy.

Aside to the women: For a gentleman seeking respectful, old-fashioned female companionship but who also recognizes situations where he is romantically (vs. platonically) interested in someone, which is the best route from the female's point of view:

1. Waiting to see, listening for clues, or asking her friends if she is "taken" or "available" before asking her out. (Checking for a wedding band or engagement ring is a given.)

2. Asking her out directly with an effort to indicate that his intentions are romantic in nature, which may result in the "Thanks, but I have a boyfriend" reply (which may or may not be true, but the gentleman gives her the benefit of the doubt).

3. Asking her out to platonic/romantic ambiguous situations such as coffee or lunch and hope that she drops enough clues along the way for the gentleman to discern her romantic situation. (Cue the Frasier episode for those familiar.)

At least one guy I know :rolleyes: would be interested in understanding this whole section of the landscape a little better.

2Cor521

@RIT, good point, and thanks for the vocabulary word; it will come in handy.

Aside to the women: For a gentleman seeking respectful, old-fashioned female companionship but who also recognizes situations where he is romantically (vs. platonically) interested in someone, which is the best route from the female's point of view:

1. Waiting to see, listening for clues, or asking her friends if she is "taken" or "available" before asking her out. (Checking for a wedding band or engagement ring is a given.)

2. Asking her out directly with an effort to indicate that his intentions are romantic in nature, which may result in the "Thanks, but I have a boyfriend" reply (which may or may not be true, but the gentleman gives her the benefit of the doubt).

3. Asking her out to platonic/romantic ambiguous situations such as coffee or lunch and hope that she drops enough clues along the way for the gentleman to discern her romantic situation. (Cue the Frasier episode for those familiar.)

At least one guy I know :rolleyes: would be interested in understanding this whole section of the landscape a little better.

2Cor521

Personally, I'd say #3; and I would ask you what you had in mind. But then, I've been told I 'think like a man'.

SO and I went to an “it’s my birthday, come see my new apt.” cocktail party the other day. Turned out to be mostly twently-something couples claiming to have high-powered globe-trotting jobs. Most of the talk was about how people met each other. SO and I met the year before the hostess was born. The sexual vibes in the room were off-the-charts. SO and I, being the resident old foggies, left as soon as appropriate but just in time to meet a strikingly beautiful women who lit up the room, fashionably late, flirting doesn’t begin to describe it, she did everything right, could carry on without offending the women, amazing.

I can’t think of a better argument against age-segregated communities.

2Cor521

I prefer #2, although #3 is OK. Recently I found myself in a situation where I was merely being friendly (or maybe a little too friendly) and was taken as being flirtatious; he didn't even notice that I was wearing a wedding band. For me, it's more awkward to have to tell someone you are attached at a coffee/lunch than to say straight out that I am not available.

Of course the best scenario would be that a guy would still want to be a platonic friend even after finding out I am married. Alas, I've found that most guys I met aren't that interested in just friendship.

Of course the best scenario would be that a guy would still want to be a platonic friend even after finding out I am married. Alas, I've found that most guys I met aren't that interested in just friendship.

I think older single men in particular should definitely be interested in platonic friendships with women. Women are very good friends to have. Once you start sleeping with your friend you are on a slide toward committment, and if you pull back you are likely to lose the friend.

I am always open to friendships with women because I like them and enjoy their way of seeing the world. But for some women at least who are in my basic age class, there is really only one thing I can do for them that they are not already getting from their girlfriends.

It's not that I am clueless enough to think there are not a lot of sexual substitutes for a man out there, it's just that most of them while effective are not exactly charming.

It is tricky, but I have a few married women friends and I appreciate them very much. There must also be a lot of single women around who are not interested in "a relationship", but they aren't too easy to find. Sometimes it is clear that if I am not pushing toward sex, the woman is not thinking, "Oh he really finds me interesting but not in a sexual way"- she is thinking , "Oh he must not like me. Next! "

Another thing is that for most men I think, very few women are actually sexually unattractive if you like them as people. So the decision not to pursue sex might be more based on what do you have going elsewhere, what are the risks to that, how demanding is this woman likely to be, etc, etc.

Another awkward thing that can arise is if you are getting real romantically friendly with one woman, she is sometimes a little put off by your other women friends who maybe are not really sure that they are planning to stay platonic. Nobody likes long dry spells, so we tread carefully around these issues.

Ha

With guys it's simple. But women are more complicated. Sometimes they respond to your question, hold the door, do you a favor, act interested in what you have to say....just because it's a nice thing to do! ;)

Yes, it's shame that women in general are so immature and unevolved relative to men. :D

One time when I was like 12 I went to a catholic school dance and I asked a girl to dance with me. I think my exact words and only words were "you wanna dance" She just turned her back on me and for the next three hours of the dance her boyfriend was trying to get me to go outside so he could "kill" me. You wouldn't think any girl could be that mean....but they can!

These kinds of girls grow up to be the ones who file sexual harassment suits at the drop of a dime. Stay away from them, and bring a gun to deal with the boyfriend.

I have had girls come up and do what I considered flirting then tell me they have a boyfriend.....and do the exact same thing the next time they saw me.

Jim

What? You flirted with her and then told her that you have a boyfriend? Sorry, too good to pass up.

Thanks for the comments. Khan, I like your directness, but I find it to be a rare attribute among women I have met. Goodsense, it is unfortunate that the dating game is so often fraught with intentions that are misunderstood, but personally I wouldn't miss a wedding band!

I tried route #3 with someone and it didn't end up well. The ambiguity (or cluelessness on my part) lasted too long and eventually I got a "Not sure what your intentions are, but I have a boyfriend", which was awkward for all involved as this was after several lunches.

As a guy I prefer option #2 simply because it's more direct and it gives her the information she needs to make a decision (at least a preliminary one). I can see how it can be uncomfortable for her in that case -- most of the women I've polled seem to go to great lengths to avoid hurting a guy's feelings. In my case that's too bad because I'm to the point where I can handle the rejection. It helps that in many cases I'm then able to switch to the platonic track relatively easily.

Actually, I try option #1 for a short while and then option #2 if there is no outward signs of a SO/husband/boyfriend.

2Cor521

As a guy I prefer option #2 simply because it's more direct and it gives her the information she needs to make a decision (at least a preliminary one). I can see how it can be uncomfortable for her in that case -- most of the women I've polled seem to go to great lengths to avoid hurting a guy's feelings. In my case that's too bad because I'm to the point where I can handle the rejection. It helps that in many cases I'm then able to switch to the platonic track relatively easily.
2Cor521

2Cor521, I think we can get along. I guess there are women who like ambiguity but for me it's too much of a waste of time and energy, guessing what the other's intention is. I would rather be uncomfortable for 10 minutes than for several days or weeks.

Ha, thanks for the words of wisdom. I should probably stop hanging out with 25-year-old guys who only have one thing on their minds. I think sex really messes up things. It's probably the biggest enemy to having a meaningful friendship. Once you go there you can never go back to being friends, and emotions tend to replace intelligence, even for otherwise completely reasonable people.

2Cor521, I think we can get along. I guess there are women who like ambiguity but for me it's too much of a waste of time and energy, guessing what the other's intention is. I would rather be uncomfortable for 10 minutes than for several days or weeks.

I bet we could. :)

I think the women who prefer ambiguity probably are really preferring to avoid the conflict / hurting the guy's feelings. Or maybe they just haven't made their mind up about the guy. Or both.

2Cor521

Sounds good! I think I am more in the camp of "thinking like a man" sometimes.

On a side note, this is really the greatest forum ever. Need advice or just a sympathetic ear to issues on money, workplace, romance, weight loss, home repair, travel, or crystal clear vision after yoga? You've come to the right place!

These kinds of girls grow up to be the ones who file sexual harassment suits at the drop of a dime. Stay away from them, and bring a gun to deal with the boyfriend.

I know! I totally agree! That is the #1 thing that will make me loose all interest in someone is if they are a malicious person....I won't want anything to do with them.

Also false accusers are a big pet peeve of mine to say the least. If you ever had someone falsely accuse you, you probably know why. And in our sick twisted society it's pretty much perfectly legal to falsely accuse someone of anything you want. You could loose everything you have and even go to prison for life. And if it's proven they lied...you will be lucky if they serve one day in jail. I think it's one of the most malicious and sickest things you can do to someone and should carry a VERY heavy penalty..it would if I made the laws. But this is another thread,...it would probably be a good one.

One thing I agree with is that the girls you hang out with can chase other girls away. One of my best girl friends slept around incessantly and some girls thought she was my girlfriend....this doesn't help!

I didn't catch on to this for years until I heard one too many negative comments about her. But I loved her personality and we still hung out all the time. But I'm sure it cost me some opportunities.

Also some of the girls I hung out with scared other girls because they were like 5-9 to 6-2 and it kept other girls away. So did one of my buddies girlfriends...she was like a thug!

So yeah if you hang around the wrong girls IMO it can chase other girls away.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom