Anyone had their Social security deposit date changed??

My understanding is that SS retirement benefits are paid on Wednesdays. Only on Wednesdays. I may be wrong. DW and I both get them on the 3rd Wednesday for the last few years, like clockwork. Are you sure it is the SS paying on Mondays and not simply a delay before your bank posts it to your account?

Always a Wednesday for regular social security. SSI is different. Here is the schedule for 2023:

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10031-2023.pdf

DW and I have been "receiving" credit for our SS deposits on the Monday of the week they are due to us for quite a while now.

I was expecting to see a deposit hit our account next week on Monday. Checking my email this morning I have a cha-ching your deposit is early!

We'll take it, even though it wouldn't matter if it wasn't received early.

Monday is a bank holiday (Martin Luther King holiday). Maybe that has something to do with your bank posting the info early? Just a thought.

Monday is a bank holiday (Martin Luther King holiday). Maybe that has something to do with your bank posting the info early? Just a thought.

Could be, DW is 1 week after me so we will see if hers is credited on the 20th or as normal on the 23rd.

My understanding is that SS retirement benefits are paid on Wednesdays. Only on Wednesdays. I may be wrong. DW and I both get them on the 3rd Wednesday for the last few years, like clockwork. Are you sure it is the SS paying on Mondays and not simply a delay before your bank posts it to your account?

Yes it is true SS retirement benefits are always on Monday but the bank may credit to your account prior to that. For us it has been credited on Mondays until the one that got credited today for next Wednesdays SS benefit payment.

I'm also waiting, with envy for SS to start, I have either 2 yrs or, 2 yrs and 2 months. I'm waiting until 70, but not sure if I want to start at the beginning of the year or wait until my birthday in March. I'll probably stop doing Roth conversions that year, so I'm figuring I might as well start at the beginning of the year.

If you take it March, then you could do 3/12ths of your Roth conversion and remain at the same tax level.

Just wait until you are 73 and start RMD's, then it will possibly be zero roth conversions ?

Made me look.

DW and I have been routinely getting our SS deposited on Tuesday rather than Wednesday of the scheduled week. Not sure when or why the credit to each of our accounts was moved up a day.

The past two months (Dec and Jan) I got my deposits on Monday. DW got hers on Monday in Dec and today (Friday) for January. No communication from SS or the bank (USAA) regarding the change.

Mine is supposed to show up on the second Wednesday of the month.

In January 2023 (this month) it arrived on Monday the 9th.
In January 2022, it arrived on Monday the 10th.

My bank sends me emails now and then happily announcing that some regular deposit or other has arrived in my account early. (yawn) I suppose I am supposed to do a little happy dance and set off fireworks, or something. :rolleyes: I never cut things very close so that is probably why I don't get too excited about it.

Back
Top Bottom