Anyone use Ameriprise for investing help?

Perhaps I doubt myself too much, but retirement planning requires analytical investing savvy, tax knowledge and all sorts of discipline at different times. I still think the drawing on the expertise of people who have seen hundreds of people carrying out and succeeding (or failing) in their retirement has some value. Value worth paying (a little) for. But one must find a capable and honest professional, ask a lot of questions, and remember that ultimately it is his/her life and responsibility.

Not really. Just buy a Total Market Stock Index fund 60% and a Total Market Bond fund 40% and rebalance once a year. You would blow the Ameriprise guy away in performance because of almost zero cost. How hard is that:confused:

I guess I don't understand what everybody in this thread is complaining about then. What is Assets Under Management and why do people do it?
Ameriprise threads are fun.
AUM is an acronym you should investigate and then take the time to find out if you signed an AUM agreement with Ameriprise.
Average real return is 4%. Average AUM is 1%. That is giving up 25% of your return.

Back
Top Bottom