Article - Annuities: Good, Bad, or Ugly?

M Paquette

Moderator Emeritus
Mel Lindauer of Bogleheads fame has started a six article series on annuities in his "The Bogleheads View" column at Forbes.

Annuities: Good, Bad Or Ugly? - Forbes.com

The first article gets into the basics, "What is an annuity?", kinds of annuities, fees associated with annuities, and the wonders of variable annuities.

This looks to be a keeper!

He had a lot of false facts in the article, I think he is confusing VAs with EIA's..........

I don't know of any VAs that have 15 year surrender periods, but I digress..........:)

He had a lot of false facts in the article, I think he is confusing VAs with EIA's..........

I don't know of any VAs that have 15 year surrender periods, but I digress..........:)

Frequently, when annuities are being discussed, insurance agents show up on the forum to defend their annuity products.
Boy, that was fast! :LOL:

No comments on the Forbes article yet, but The Usual Suspects are posting followups on the thread Mel started at bogleheads.org.

Bogleheads :: View topic - Mel's Forbes Series on Annuities - Part 1 of 6

eatingpopcorn.gif

Back
Top Bottom