Best Android budgeting app

Callitaday2022

Recycles dryer sheets
My wife's new years resolution is to track our spending and set up a budget. In the past we pay ourselves first, put a lot into various savings and investing, and spend the rest.
What is the best Android budgeting / tracking spending app that we can both have on our smartphones, and it will sync both of our separate smartphones into one budget?
Thanks in advance

I use YNAB for this. They are releasing a major upgrade tomorrow. You can both have the budget on your phones and enter purchases etc and it will sync to the other phone and the main app.

Both my kids use Mint.com and swear by it. There are apps for Android and iOS. Unlike YNAB which is all manual, Mint pulls in transactions and categorizes them automatically. Also, Mint is free, while YNAB is $60. YNAB would work better if you use cash a lot. Some people like the YNAB method better. The software is really just a spreadsheet. My kids have tried both and prefer Mint.

I use Fidelity Full View to accumulate transactions by category, but mainly use my own Excel spreadsheet for budgeting and analyzing long-term spending trends.

I use Yodlee on my computer, not mobile but I believe they have an app. Makes investment and spending almost automatic. Today was very helpful to get some medical spending refunds info. I do not use all the power it offers, but it works well for me.

Unlike YNAB which is all manual, Mint pulls in transactions and categorizes them automatically.

Not true anymore. YNAB can import for you if you like.

You can try them all out for free and decide for yourselves.

I've used Mint.com off and on over the last few years. The main problem I have with it is that it's mostly backward-looking. It records what happened, but the budgeting, forward-looking portion is weak at best. I'm now trying the new online version of YNAB. Takes a bit of an adjustment to wrap one's brain around some of the concepts but I think I'm getting the hang of it. We're using it to grow existing savings, not pay off debt, etc.

Back
Top Bottom