Best CD, MM Rates & Bank Special Deals Thread 2023 - Please post updates here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Synchrony bank has a 5.5% 15 month CD available.

Several banks have promotional rates on one or more CD's. Depositaccounts.com can be helpful in searching for rates. Most banks have a list of all CD rates. Some will promote them on their landing page. Best to look at all the CD rates for a bank before choosing.

The special promotional CD rates aren't usually shown on Ally or Synchrony CD pages, so you have to go looking for them. For Ally I had to open the CDs from a promotional page. For Synchrony I think it showed up in the drop down list.

Yes, Bankrate.com and Depositaccounts.com sites are good places to check. They also come up on basic Google searches.

Depositaccounts is good. It seems that direct CDs pay better now that brokered products have made most of their products callable.

Brokered CDs offerings are quite slim at the moment and even the callable ones are below what online banks are offering. :LOL:

The special promotional CD rates aren't usually shown on Ally or Synchrony CD pages, so you have to go looking for them. For Ally I had to open the CDs from a promotional page. For Synchrony I think it showed up in the drop down list.

Yes, Bankrate.com and Depositaccounts.com sites are good places to check. They also come up on basic Google searches.

I don't think I have ever found anything useful at Bankrate. Basically just advertising. I generally start with depositaccounts.com, which is independent of advertising, although it does promote some products. The guy that started it still runs the site, and it's comprehensive and accurate.

Happy that people post their discoveries here, though. Sometimes I forget to look or just plain miss something.

I was using some bankrate calculators recently, but yes I usually look at depositaccounts. My banks are pretty good at emailing me their special offers.

minor quibble - they've paying 3.25% interest. The APY is 3.3%. Ally likes to list the APY's for all their rates.

Geez. I know rates are dropping, but saw Gumby had posted the new year for this thread and started reading...

What a difference a year makes.... January 2023 alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom