Best uplifting film on Netflix?

blueskyk

Recycles dryer sheets
Who couldn’t use a big honking dose of hope about now?

My vote is Rising Phoenix, a documentary about the Paralympic Games. Gorgeous cinematography and unforgettable stories about the athletes and those who love and support them as well as history and tribulations of the games.

A teaser to get you started...the Paralympic Games follow the Olympic Games and in 2012 in London, they hung a banner after the Olympic Games stating “Thanks for the Warmup!”

They were dead on.

All I could think at the end was, “Surely, these are the best of us.”

(Spoiler alert: you’ll also see the worst of us)

Last edited:
A New High. Think it’s actually Amazon Prime rather than Netflix. Helping addicts overcome through mountain climbing.

A bit off topic, but my wife and I attended the Wounded Warrior Games last year as spectators. Amazing people.

In the swimming relay races, the last race, the last competitor had one limb. One arm and no legs. As he was struggling to finish the race (very far behind the next-to-last swimmer) an incredible cheer went up from all spectators and even from the other teams in support.

Made us both cry. It was a moment we'll never forget.

DD, DW and I watched 'The Two Popes' the other evening. Left us feeling positive although obviously a few down things in it.

How about some fiction? Any suggestions?

I love dystopia, but after feeding on Black Mirror and Dark, I'm badly in need of some fictional fun, uplifting stuff.

There is a reason movies like Ferris Bueller's Day Off run 24/7.

I watched The Peanut Butter Falcon recently - kind of a Huck Finnish tale completely lacking that dark, brooding, dystopian edge.

Money Heist reminds me of a roller coaster ride. It is subtitled, Spanish and you should keep the Spanish and read the English. So much fun, adventure and creative characters. Really lifted me out of a funk. There are 5 seasons.

I watched The Peanut Butter Falcon recently - kind of a Huck Finnish tale completely lacking that dark, brooding, dystopian edge.

Is it Netflix DVDs? I searched for it on Netflix streaming, and didn't find it.

If you like his humor, many Kevin James films tend to have an uplifting theme along the lines of "an every day normal/downtrodden person faces a difficult situation and finds some inner strength/energy to become victorious in some way, shape, or fashion", all done in a humorous manner. For example, "True Memoirs of an International Assassin" is on Netflix and I enjoyed it.

One of my favorites is: Sweet Land.

It says it is available free on VULU Free with ads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom