Best women’s hiking shorts

Scuba

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I’m a casual hiker and want some quick drying shorts that have a deep enough pocket for the iPhone 14. I’m only 5’2” so I prefer 5” or shorter inseams. I’ve been wearing my bike shorts but they’re hot and clingy. I hike in the desert where it’s hot so want something cooler and more breathable. I’ve googled this topic but would appreciate suggestions from this forum.

These are super comfortable. https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/120739?page=womens-vista-camp-short-misses I wear them all the time in the summer, hiking or not. The front zipper pockets are deep enough for my Moto G Power phone (not sure how that compares in size to iPhones), but the shorts are so light that the weight of the phone pulls on the waist a bit, so it's not a perfect solution.

Not an option for Scuba but I am tall (5'10") and I have started buying mens shorts and pants to get the length and also because mens shorts and pants have nice pockets. I am sick and tired of womens shorts and pants having no pockets or very small pockets. I refuse to buy them anymore.

Not an option for Scuba but I am tall (5'10") and I have started buying mens shorts and pants to get the length and also because mens shorts and pants have nice pockets. I am sick and tired of womens shorts and pants having no pockets or very small pockets. I refuse to buy them anymore.

Yes it’s hard for me to understand why anyone makes hiking shorts without a large easily accessible pocket, big enough for a large cell phone.

If I was a younger fellow I would pick up women at Costco near the men’s jackets and outdoor wear tables. I often run into gals who are looking through the male garments because of the superior pocket arrangement.

Just don’t spend too much time at the cargo pants table. For some reason the gals just don’t care for them.

^^^^^^^^^^^ DW wants a pair with a pocked deep enough for a phone AND that zippers closed to make it harder for pickpockets and of course so it doesn't just fall out somewhere.
For this purpose I swear a fitness skirt like tennis players wear? Big pocket on the shorts against thw thigh but the skirt falls over it. Need my phone I hi at hike it up nobigdeal

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom