Beware - Traveling in New Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure we have not heard the whole story from the alleged victims attorney. 30 years in LE and I am pretty sure no police agency is going to be so stupid as to go to these lengths without some pretty specific justifiable reason.

I'm glad to read a LEO's perpective, Buck. I don't disagree that there's another side to the story, but could you speculate on what might be a justifiable reason?

The way I'm looking at it, someone in possession of drugs is going to use a body cavity as a hiding place only when traveling through a potential search situation (border crossing, prison visit, airport, etc.). Driving a few blocks from home to Walmart wouldn't qualify.

Making a quick intracolonic(1) deposit while the red lights flashing in the rear view mirror doesn't seem plausible, either.

1 Yes, I had to look it up.

I hope everything comes out alright.
The problem was that nothing came out. :cool:

Well, something did come out, but it was not what law enforcement was looking for. :hide:

I'm just wondering if the people that received the forced colonoscopy received a little photo of the inside like the often give after one of those (and the medical results)?

I'm just wondering if the people that received the forced colonoscopy received a little photo of the inside like the often give after one of those (and the medical results)?

Welll he was billed for the procedure.

MRG

PS the first hint the attorney is not telling the whole truth is HE IS AN ATTORNEY

I'm sure the attorney has an equally high opinion of LEOs. Everybody works to their own benefit. But we'll never know the truth because of the thin blue pinstripe.

I'm glad to read a LEO's perpective, Buck. I don't disagree that there's another side to the story, but could you speculate on what might be a justifiable reason?

I find it difficult to believe that any action of the suspect justified using a Luna County search warrant to transport the suspect to another county where the Luna County judge's warrant was not valid. I also find it difficult to believe that conducting multiple searches of the suspect outside the time frame specified in the (now invalid) warrant can be justified by the suspect's behavior. The suspect's behavior is not an acceptable justification for the law enforcement officers ignoring the law and conducting the search outside the terms of the warrant.

The Court will make the final determination in this matter.

The way I'm looking at it, someone in possession of drugs is going to use a body cavity as a hiding place only when traveling through a potential search situation (border crossing, prison visit, airport, etc.). Driving a few blocks from home to Walmart wouldn't qualify.

Making a quick intracolonic(1) deposit while the red lights flashing in the rear view mirror doesn't seem plausible, either.

1 Yes, I had to look it up.

I speculate that Prosecuting Attorneys, Judges, Doctors and Law Enforcement Officers would not go around willy-nilly probing someones backside for stupid reasons. Could one of them have become over involved and pushed the logical boundary of reason, Sure. The world is full of bad cops, preachers, lawyers, McDonald's workers and every other profession. Could this all turn out to be an unlawful search, again, sure it could. Were all the people involved in this incident dirty rotten bastards, I think not. Lots of checks and balances in the issuance of a search warrant, problems can happen, but to jump to the conclusion all involved were abusing their power is not very realistic. I could be wrong, all these people could be sadistic bastards, but I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom