BOA-google pay-card deleted-scam

retire to nature

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi

I got two emails from BOA saying my credit cards in google pay.

Your credit card has been deleted from Google Pay™
Card ending in: ****
Your card may have been removed from Google Pay because:
You or a joint account holder requested it
The account associated with it was closed by you or Bank of America
You logged out of your App Store account, reset your device or removed your device's lock screen
You can add more cards to Google Pay and manage other card features any time.

I dont have any joint holder. Or I didnt do anything with g pay/BOA recently.
But I felt a scam(romance scam way) a guy approached from this community. Also, since I had an assault recently, I know I have high alert state. And the community banned him, but of course he can come back with another user name. So you can watch out yourself too. I freaked out too, so I checked all my accounts and replace card etc. But I am not sure if ok to use my phone or laptop which was installed the app to communicate with him. So I may need to reset all devices. Is it gonna be deleted if installed, safe?

Is this BOA trying to do something new? Did you get this kind email too?
I have other cards in g pay, but I didnt get any msg from the bank.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Don't click on any links. Contact BOA at the phone number on the back of your card and ask about the emails. On one hand the message(s) seem to be too complex for a scammer, but OTOH there is a smell to them ...

I’m not sure if I understand but if it were me, I’d log into my BOA account without clicking any links in the email. I’d check for suspicious activity, alerts, and status of the google pay account. Maybe that requires logging into a google account. As Oldshooter says DO NOT click any links within the email.

I get BoA spam emails, they go to spam, I delete them and think nothing of it.

Yes first thing I did to call boa directly, but I had to push my account number or SSN on key pad. I hesitated.so I will go boa physically tmw. I didn't click any thing.

I’m not sure if I understand but if it were me, I’d log into my BOA account without clicking any links in the email. I’d check for suspicious activity, alerts, and status of the google pay account. Maybe that requires logging into a google account. As Oldshooter says DO NOT click any links within the email.
Yes I did into go boa page. I cancelled the cards and replaced. And deleted all cards in gpay also.

I get BoA spam emails, they go to spam, I delete them and think nothing of it.

Yes I get that kind of boa spam to everyone too. But I feel like it is real email like they let me know this activity was happened to inform for security reason. Hmmm. I am really worried now since nobody told me the any recent boa email like that.

Take a look at the sending address, too. I'm sure they can fake it or use something credible like BankofAmerica.net that's not the official site, but frequently when I get these fake "activity on your account" e-mails I notice the sending address is nonsensical.

You're probably OK since you didn't click on anything or call some number they gave you in a panic and provide information.

Take a look at the sending address, too. I'm sure they can fake it or use something credible like BankofAmerica.net that's not the official site, but frequently when I get these fake "activity on your account" e-mails I notice the sending address is nonsensical.

You're probably OK since you didn't click on anything or call some number they gave you in a panic and provide information.

Thanks I checked yes it is real one. But I maybe clicked from the email too if I remember correctly and it sent to me boa page. But I knew that link trick, I used the difference computer and opened boa webpage by me and changed bunch of stuff. I really think that emails are odd. And looking forward to going boa tmw.

.... But I am not sure if ok to use my phone or laptop which was installed the app to communicate with him. So I may need to reset all devices. Is it gonna be deleted if installed, safe?

This sounds suspicious to me, that you needed to install some app to communicate with some person ?

IF the app came from the apple store or google's play store by going to those websites yourself and searching for the app and download to install it, then they are probably fine.
IF you accepted a link in an email to download an app, from some person, then I would consider that app NOT safe, and it may have also downloaded other spyware onto your devices.

This sounds suspicious to me, that you needed to install some app to communicate with some person ?

IF the app came from the apple store or google's play store by going to those websites yourself and searching for the app and download to install it, then they are probably fine.
IF you accepted a link in an email to download an app, from some person, then I would consider that app NOT safe, and it may have also downloaded other spyware onto your devices.

It was chatting app called signal from the play store, so I think it should be fine, but still trying to be cautious. because I had been doubting, but I was sure yesterday, and reported here, so they banned him today, and in two hours i got those two emails. I lately noticed I get alot of junk mails even before I knew him. But those look obviously scam not related to me. But these were with my last 4 digit number of cards.

He was saying he is a pilot in London, UK.
I was totally fine to understand to install an app for the preference because I have many abroad airbnb guest, at times, I only can use Airbnb app to communicate or at times I had to install apps for their preference even for cash exchange app.
But being a pilot gives a big excuse to disappear any time and excuse delay etc. And he was excusing to be bad signals (making illusion to be in the sky) but he was saying he was in a hotel which the airline supposed to provide for pilots. hahaha.

My feeling was he was a scammer in Africa able to distinguish their accent in their english like we know commonly know, the voice call quality was terrible even though he is saying in Europe. So when I wanted to confirm, asked to do video call, he couldnt.
With all that assault, and these bad guys out there isn't even surprise for me any more. But I just want to be cautious.

So the email was saying it has been deleted, but when i went to google pay, it had all of my cards too. So it is really suspicious and I changed alot of stuff from BOA today, so BOA sent me alot of confirming notices for the changes like those two mails and the sender is all similar. The emails itself looked real because I get real scam with fake boa logo on it etc. But I know BOA has been related with scamming.

It was chatting app called signal from the play store, so I think it should be fine, but still trying to be cautious. because I had been doubting, but I was sure yesterday, and reported here, so they banned him today, and in two hours i got those two emails. I lately noticed I get alot of junk mails even before I knew him. But those look obviously scam not related to me. But these were with my last 4 digit number of cards.

He was saying he is a pilot in London, UK.
I was totally fine to understand to install an app for the preference because I have many abroad airbnb guest, at times, I only can use Airbnb app to communicate or at times I had to install apps for their preference even for cash exchange app.
But being a pilot gives a big excuse to disappear any time and excuse delay etc. And he was excusing to be bad signals (making illusion to be in the sky) but he was saying he was in a hotel which the airline supposed to provide for pilots. hahaha.

My feeling was he was a scammer in Africa able to distinguish their accent in their english like we know commonly know, the voice call quality was terrible even though he is saying in Europe. So when I wanted to confirm, asked to do video call, he couldnt.
With all that assault, and these bad guys out there isn't even surprise for me any more. But I just want to be cautious.
It seems to me if you fear you’re being stalked you should never communicate with someone unknown and anonymous. The same holds for links in emails. They fall in the “never click on a link” category.

It seems to me if you fear you’re being stalked you should never communicate with someone unknown and anonymous. The same holds for links in emails. They fall in the “never click on a link” category.

I agree with you. But he was here, so I get pm from others here too. And when I get that I go to the profile pages and check all the post and replies first too.

He joined this community recently and left some replies to other post. And setting all his pictures as if he is a pilot. It kinda gave me a quick and easy going conversations.

But thank for my ex husband who taught the wording can be total lies from a to z. This scammer mentioned about illusion and that's what he is doing as if he is pilot and big rich etc. And we met from here, he was easy to talk financial stuff too. but since I wrote about my financial status here too, it is easy other ppl can approach me with the info too.

I know some of this is my fault too. But otoh, there are always bad ppl to look for prey, so just have to be careful. And I wanted to give you some info to be cautious too.

The assault guy thought he was expecting for some good feeling from me, but with my craziness he is locked in jail now. I mentioned that to the scammer too I have some craziness so watch out. hahaha. He thought I was almost there to fall for him, but I guess I gave him a big back stab. hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom