Bragging Rights

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
No... not you or what you've accomplished.... but someone or something that you've been associated with over any period of time and for any reason...

Hint... I needed some kind of way to brag about my college's (Bowdoin) Women's Basketball team, that just reached the finals of the NCAA Women's Division III Championships.

Playing in the finals tonight March 16. Go (lady) Bears. :dance:

60 years later. :blush:

Speaking of "Go, Bears," my alma mater, CAL, has parking spots in campus just for Nobel Prize winners. I don't know if that's still the case since I haven't been to the campus for a while. But how many schools have such parking spots? :cool:

No... not you or what you've accomplished.... but someone or something that you've been associated with over any period of time and for any reason...

Hint... I needed some kind of way to brag about my college's (Bowdoin) Women's Basketball team, that just reached the finals of the NCAA Women's Division III Championships.

60 years later. :blush:

If you’re gonna brag on Bowdoin, I’d think it’d be about Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain. But yeah, women’s basketball counts I guess. [emoji4]

Well, here's a start. I grew up in ND - a place where no one is from (or so it seems). I'm very proud of my "home state" of years gone by. It's not a land for the timid or lazy and never will be. The residents do, understandably, drink a LOT of beer per capita.

Anyhoo, the NDSU Bison football team has just dominated their small conference for a generation. I try to watch most games, but they're often on some subscription channel that I won't pay for.

Carson Wentz was a big part of the Bison success during 2012-2015. Besides being a ND local, he's a well rounded human being as well as an NFL star.

Best wishes for your lady Bears and enjoy being in the moment!

Over the past several years, I have gravitated away from major league sports toward collegiate and minor league venues. I enjoy a few spectator sports, but don't care for the politics and click bait of the majors - I can get that from real (and fake) news.

Go Bears. Washington U. in St. Louis.

No real bragging rights for me, but a friend's daughter played Volleyball under coach Teri Clemens (second most winning coach in Division III history), won the Division III finals, and has gone on to be a Volleyball coach in her own right. Currently at University of Central Florida.

It's always fun to watch someone you have known their entire life achieve success in a field they love.

I’ve never been arrested. Well, maybe developmentally...

Co-inventor on four patents, and primary worker bee on several others.

Worked with/for a future shuttle astronaut.

Was sixth grade class president... [emoji41]

No... not you or what you've accomplished.... but someone or something that you've been associated with over any period of time and for any reason... .........
Back at MegaMotors, I had a supervisor that used to include company profits under his yearly performance review accomplishments. Yea, without ole Fred's efforts we never could have done it. :LOL:

Yea, without ole Fred's efforts we never could have done it. :LOL:

I used to keep one of the yearly 'message from the CEO' letters in my desk. Every now and then I would pull it out as evidence that 'I was doing a good job'. 'I must be good, even the Captain sent me a letter telling me how I did a good job!"

Back
Top Bottom