Buy Stove From Sears--Bankruptcy?

Now, THAT's what I'm talkin' 'bout. A really used stove.:cool:

Reminds me of my Great-Aunt Nettie who lived in PA, my grandfather's sister, famous in the family because she could, and did, "cuss like a sailor" creating quite the impression on a six-year-old. Anyway, she liked cooking on her coal-fired stove. Her kids bought her an electric one and she told them to "get that damn thing out of here and bring back my stove!"

Sort of like this one, but hers was green and had lots of gold-color highlight stuff on it, very ornate.

Attachments

• coal_stove.JPG
    coal_stove.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 14
A small neighborhood Sears store next to us for maybe 20 years just closed in the last week.

Does Sears excel at doing anything better at this point? Are there any products or services left that Sears can provide better than the alternatives? It seems in my neighborhood they have just become irrelevant because of the competition. But perhaps in the more rural areas where there aren't as many brick and mortar stores they still may serve a purpose.

Where will I get parts for my 1990 washer / dryer? It broke back around 2000 and the $3 part was easy to find...

Where will I get parts for my 1990 washer / dryer? It broke back around 2000 and the $3 part was easy to find...

Look for a washer repair place that's been in business for a long time. They often have such parts in stock or know where to get them. In other words there ARE places that specialize in keeping the older models running. You just have to find them. YMMV

The good news is that most Sears appliances cross reference to other brands. You should be fine. Last year I repaired my 1986 Kenmore with parts from appliancepartspros.com . That model cross referenced to Whirlpool.

The good news is that most Sears appliances cross reference to other brands. You should be fine. Last year I repaired my 1986 Kenmore with parts from appliancepartspros.com . That model cross referenced to Whirlpool.
Good news! Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom