California Bound

LanceWannaBe

Confused about dryer sheets
I'm considering moving to Santa Rosa or San Luis Obispo in the summer of 2014, does anyone have some recommendations to chosse one over the other?

Thanks!

Hi, LanceWannaBe, and welcome to the ER Forum. Please stop by the "Hi, I am..." section and post an introduction so we can get to know you.

Assuming you will be retired and can live where you like, why do you want to move there? What specifically appeals to you about the two towns?

Are you familiar with both? If not, have you thought of renting in each town for six months, to help you to decide?

Last edited:
Both are very nice places, S.L.O. is very much a " College town ". Can you tell us more about your plans ?. If already retired or need to find work.

I spent several days in the SLO, Morro Bay, San Simeon area this past June. It was one of the most pleasant areas I've ever been.

Last edited:
I'm considering moving to Santa Rosa or San Luis Obispo in the summer of 2014, does anyone have some recommendations to chosse one over the other?

Thanks!

You really cannot go wrong. Either of these places is way above 98% of the like-sized competition.

If it was me i'd be more interested in SLO. as noted before it's a college town (not in the football crazed way) and as a result has more in the way of music, etc.

Thanks!

Renting in each location for six months is a very viable option. 30 plus years of south Florida humidity is the main reason for relocating to California. The secondary reason is the age demographics in Florida, I don't want to be surrounded by an elderly population.

Thanks for all of your comments!

I agree! Santa Rosa is also close to CA State University Sonoma. That whole area is rich culturally - SLO as well. Yes, I would stay at each place for awhile, since every town has its own "flavor."

I tend to be more inclined to SLO instead of Santa Rosa, nothing really definite except that I think SLO has a slightly nicer topography.

Like all college towns, it is nice. Real estate may be somewhat high, as would be the cost of living differential between Florida and California.

Back
Top Bottom