Can I use cheaper money to pay off my mortgage/heloc loans?

As I said, the simulator I used showed 15 point change. So you can debate what a "couple of points" is, should I have said a handful? But 15 points doesn't move the needle on credit rating used for insurance purposes. Nor would 37 points. So overall that was just a silly comment.

You just can’t stop digging a hole.

I can tell you from experience that when I put big business expenses on my card, $10,000 ish, my score drops as much as 40 points. So its not silly at all.

I think it's more complicated than this.

We recently paid for a $15,000 cruise on a credit card. And our credit score (800+ range) did not change at all.

I think it's more complicated than this.

We recently paid for a $15,000 cruise on a credit card. And our credit score (800+ range) did not change at all.

It’s credit utilization. It a big part of how the score is calculated. I bet it changed and you didn’t catch it. I have multiple monitoring services so I see my score change month to month. It bounces back once you pay it.

It’s credit utilization. It a big part of how the score is calculated. I bet it changed and you didn’t catch it. I have multiple monitoring services so I see my score change month to month. It bounces back once you pay it.

If you want to make a big purchase but dont wanr the score to drop...pay the xredit card bill the next day when the charge posts (or use cash and forego the reward pts) If you want until the end of the bill cycle it goes on the record and thats when utilozation goes up and score goes down once the xredit bureau sees the data.

Back
Top Bottom