Cats of War

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Cats of War

"The U.S. military has long used cats in special operations under the top-secret Covert Anti-Terrorism Stealth (CATS) program. Smarter and stealthier than dogs, cats are also more agile: They can climb trees and leap across buildings to gather intelligence. Studies show they can survive nine times as long as human soldiers".

'Bout time cats got some love.

"Survive nine times as long as humans..." yeah, definitely a clue that this is a satirical article :wink:

There was a "Mission Impossible" episode around 1970, where a trained cat (actually about 20 of them, all orange) was sent into a heavily guarded room to steal a jewel or sacred object - the cat's small size allowed it to evade weight sensors, motion detectors, etc. that a human would have set off.

Amethyst

Cats of War

"The U.S. military has long used cats in special operations under the top-secret Covert Anti-Terrorism Stealth (CATS) program. Smarter and stealthier than dogs, cats are also more agile: They can climb trees and leap across buildings to gather intelligence. Studies show they can survive nine times as long as human soldiers".

Excellent! Special Ops cats...

"Survive nine times as long as humans..." yeah, definitely a clue that this is a satirical article :wink:

There was a "Mission Impossible" episode around 1970, where a trained cat (actually about 20 of them, all orange) was sent into a heavily guarded room to steal a jewel or sacred object - the cat's small size allowed it to evade weight sensors, motion detectors, etc. that a human would have set off.

Amethyst

I recall that. There was also some anxiety when it seemed the cat was considering going 'off script'.

Possible but not probable! I can just see "SEAL team 6" giving their cat a coammand. And I can see that cat saying "go pi** up a rope". That's just the way cats are.

Possible but not probable! I can just see "SEAL team 6" giving their cat a coammand. And I can see that cat saying "go pi** up a rope". That's just the way cats are.

"Adapt and overcome. or take a nap. You feel lucky?" CATS motto.

I always knew that CATS were superior to SEALs for covert operations. SEALs make a loud bark and the splash a lot. Cats are more ninja like, especially mine when she stalks birds. Two birds in two days :(

Hilarious!! >^..^<

This reminded me of an onion article as well. Oh, and for those of you with iPads, the Onion app is MARVELOUS! :)
I also loved the Ikea Cats commercial with all the cats roaming around the Ikea store. Such a cool one!
Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

I love the cats falling out of the plane with the paratroopers.

Of course, if it was real, not so much.

"The U.S. military has long used cats in special operations under the top-secret Covert Anti-Terrorism Stealth (CATS) program.".

Nah, I don't see cats going to war. Mine always seemed more of the "naps, not war" philosophy :)

Back
Top Bottom