Cheapwad Finds--Opposite of Blow That Dough!

Walmart had a clearance on SSDs. $17 for this WD Black 500GB, Amazon lists it for $60: WD_BLACK 500GB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,000 MB/s - WDS500G3X0E

$25 for this 1TB, $77 on Amazon: Western Digital 1TB WD Blue SN570 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen3 x4 PCIe 8Gb/s, M.2 2280, Up to 3,500 MB/s - WDS100T3B0C

Could NOT find it for $17on walmart.com.
Thanks anyways.

-gauss

OH thank you. Well I might have to go for a ride then.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

edit: Oops - I would need a SATA interface -- Nvme interface too modern for my old hardware.

-gauss

Last edited:
They sell PCIe adapters for $5 to $10 that will work. May not be as fast as a native motherboard with a natural slot, but it should work. I don't know if you can boot with it, depends how old the BIOS is.

National Pretzel Day many pretzel places are offering deals or free pretzels. I got a free one from Auntie Anne’s, had to use the app for the deal.

Bought one today at Sam's club... and it was good

My better half placed a pair of adorable looking overalls in the cart of an outdoor gear website we sometimes check. They're made out of a super light but durable tech fabric like hiking pants, which she thinks will be great for yard work and they were 70% off.

Then I received a $20 off $100 coupon and found a great pair of Mons Royale merino wool knickers for myself. I have several other pieces of merino from them, they are all super soft and durable, and the knickers were over 50% off. Combined, the two pieces were $81 with the coupon applied!

Getting dispirited by my last few trips to the discount rack at my beer store.
All they have lately is overpriced 4-packs. Used to have cases of 24 12 oz cans or bottles of the 'good stuff' imo (heavy, hoppy, high octane) for $19.97. Haven't seen those for a month ! Sigh...

Also, now I see other people browsing the rack when I come in. I have to wait. I guess I was spoiled before, lol.

All they have lately is overpriced 4-packs. Used to have cases of 24 12 oz cans or bottles of the 'good stuff' imo (heavy, hoppy, high octane) for $19.97. Haven't seen those for a month ! Sigh...

Also, now I see other people browsing the rack when I come in. I have to wait. I guess I was spoiled before, lol.
OK, the beer store must have read my complaint here. I went in yesterday and found exactly what I wanted (almost) on the discount rack. Russian Imperial Stout pints in a 4 Pack for $7.99. A little too high to be considered a cheapwad find, imo, but the Russian is perfect, I must admit.

Where I go for discounted beer, they have mainly seltzers and ciders anymore. Not really my thing. Too sweet. They do have "off season" beers a lot slightly after season. Things like Octoberfest or winter beers.

We have one of these on FB for my county. People come up with odd requests and very often someone says "I've got one you can have!" Very tight moderation which makes it a very useful site. Helps me give away more valuable items (unused tablets, for example) to someone who needs it.
Old tablet plus Libby = great free ebook reader

My brother wants to try birding. He's not sure if he'll like using binoculars and doesn't currently own a pair. I was able to check out a pair from the library for him to try out.

Last edited:
An old smartphone also makes a small but good e-reader. Also can use it for other purposes, I use it as a small display for Torque to display engine info.

Back
Top Bottom