Chelsea Flower Show?

steady saver

Recycles dryer sheets
DH and I are planning a trip to London in May to go to the Chelsea Flower Show. I've not been to London in 38 years and so it's like a whole new adventure. We'll only be at the flower show one day with the other days exploring London and thinking of a couple of days where we take day trips outside of London (to check out gardens primarily I'm thinking).

If you've been to the Chelsea Flower Show, I'd love to hear any thoughts/insights/tips you have on attending, where to stay, etc. And, honestly, I'd love to hear anyone's tips on London in the spring in general...Do you have a favorite place to stay, favorite places to visit, dine, etc? We will want an apt/airbnb that has a kitchen or kitchenette.

I am keen to go to Fortnum and Mason and stock up a bit on my favorite tea (Royal Blend) and also go to James Smith and Sons Umbrellas to pick out a new umbrella...

Thanks!

We went to London in early December and really liked Sky Garden. You can book free tickets about 3 weeks in advance. Tickets are released early in the week for a full week at a time. (Right now they are taking bookings for Feb 19 - 25 with many popular time slots already fully booked.)

We timed our Sky Garden visit to make the 17-minute walk to St. Paul's Cathedral afterwards for the Choral Evensong service.

Flower show sounds awesome! Food in London is excellent now, a far cry from your last visit. Just in case you’re into that sort of thing :)

Back
Top Bottom