Chipotle and going to 3 crispy tacos

Notmuchlonger

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If you are a Chipotle fan and wondered why they went from 4 crispy tacos to 3. This is their reasoning why. After I sent an email asking for an explanation. I happen to like crispy taco shells so this is a devastating turn of events for me.:(

Behold!

"Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about our crispy tacos and please allow me the chance to explain.

This change was made for a few reasons. You have obviously been enjoying our crispy tacos for some time now and are most likely familiar with the trouble our staff had trying to fill those narrow shells (which accounted for your getting only a couple pieces of meat in one or two tacos, and more in another). It was hard to fill them evenly and often times the toppings would just get piled on the top. Now, we have made the shells wider so they're easier to fill and you'll be more likely to get an even amount of toppings in each one. And, although we have eliminated one shell, the portions of toppings have not changed, so you'll be getting more in the 3 shells. Plus, our order of soft tacos has always included 3 tacos, so now both orders are the same.

Thank you again for writing to us and we hope you'll continue to enjoy our tacos."

End of propaganda.

Hogwash

Overpriced mexican fast food just got overpricier? ;)

Haven't been in a while, but we used to go occasionally for their big, honkin' burritos.

I never saw the benefit of going with their tacos... like they said, they really did have a problem with filling them (from what I saw when my co-worker bought them)...

So to me it does not sound 'unreasonable' IF (and a big IF) you really do get the same amount of toppings...

I would always go for the bowl with the tortia on the side.

Back
Top Bottom