CNBC Question

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I very occasionally turn on CNBC to see how my stocks are doing. At the top of the screen, they show the S&P, the Dow, and the NASDAQ change for the day. Sometimes they have one of these highlighted in yellow. What does that mean? I assume it means some sort of threshold was reached. One day this week, I noticed the NASDAQ box was highlighted. It had an big gain that day. But I've never noticed any of these boxes highlighted if it plummets, but then again, I don't watch it often.

I very occasionally turn on CNBC to see how my stocks are doing. At the top of the screen, they show the S&P, the Dow, and the NASDAQ change for the day. Sometimes they have one of these highlighted in yellow. What does that mean? I assume it means some sort of threshold was reached. One day this week, I noticed the NASDAQ box was highlighted. It had an big gain that day. But I've never noticed any of these boxes highlighted if it plummets, but then again, I don't watch it often.

Nasdaq is down 53 points right now and it is yellow.

The color highlight is manually added and exposes their bias. I've noticed Gold usually gets highlighted if down 2% or so, but routinely goes unhighlighted when up more than that.

Ahh, I thought you were talking about the color of the letters. I see you are talking about the fill color of the box the letters are in.

Looks like if down more than 1% it is yellow. NASDAQ, Russell2000 and DJT are yellow and down >1%

Notable change either way.

Back
Top Bottom