Coloradoan Needs to Retire but cannot....

TiredStan

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello folks. Just found this website. I m 57 years old and soon to be 58. My place of work cut my entire staff leaving me to do the work of a full staff. The stress monster is eating me and my health up. I cannot simply walk away as I need the money. Just had to declare bankruptcy to keep from sinking the ship so to speak. :( I have a pretty good retirement account at work but it took a hit when the economy tanked, to the tune of losing around $40,000.00. My place of work uses the Principal to manage out retirement accounts and they have done a fair job. Seeking ways to make things come together so I can leave the stress behind but really think I need to win the lottery to set things up well enough.

Look forward to chatting with folks here. :greetings10:

Stan

Hi Stan. Look forward to reading your posts. Good luck!

Thanks for the Welcomes folks. Glad to see some other Coloradoans here. I am a native Coloradoan.

• I'm not a Coloradoan but welcome, sorry to hear about your situation.
  • We don't need to see your answer, but what does FIRECalc: A different kind of retirement calculator say about your current situation?
  • It may be unthinkable - I'd look for work elsewhere, but not jump ship until you had another better bird in hand. I know that could take a long time but it could give you something to look forward to.

Welcome. Looks like a tough situation your in. Wish I knew of something encouraging to say but other than suggesting a job change, not sure what.

Hang in there, maybe another job will fall in your lap. Best of luck.

Welcome to the Forum!... from a Colorado property owner...
(I believe that earns me the NAIVE license plate?;))

Hello folks. Just found this website. I m 57 years old and soon to be 58. My place of work cut my entire staff leaving me to do the work of a full staff. The stress monster is eating me and my health up. I cannot simply walk away as I need the money. Just had to declare bankruptcy to keep from sinking the ship so to speak. :( I have a pretty good retirement account at work but it took a hit when the economy tanked, to the tune of losing around $40,000.00. My place of work uses the Principal to manage out retirement accounts and they have done a fair job. Seeking ways to make things come together so I can leave the stress behind but really think I need to win the lottery to set things up well enough.

Look forward to chatting with folks here. :greetings10:

Stan

Well, assuming the bankrupty has went through, you now have to rebuild your credit, your investments, and your health. Sounds like a daunting task, but start small. Set up a budget, systematically transfer money from each paycheck to an emergency account, DON'T USE credit cards, and find some sort of exercise you enjoy. Give us some more info and we will try to help as best we can..........:)

Back
Top Bottom