Core and Explore

Idnar7

Recycles dryer sheets
For those that follow this strategy, what are your % of passive vs. active? I am currently 50/50. As I just took control of my investments, I am wondering what others are doing. I am thinking I might want to move towards 75 (p)/ 25 (a). What are you looking for from your active piece? Returns X amount higher than index? Do you monitor this way?

95% passive index funds.

If it was like that at my age of 20 I would had much better of right now......

Core and explore is a marketing ploy not a strategy. See, e.g. Faceoff: core or explore | Advisor.ca

I am 100% passive if one counts the actively-managed Vanguard GNMA fund as passive.

I get my kicks by slicing and dicing into small-caps and emerging markets. I host LOL's Market Timing thread where I post trades in real-time.

I am all passive index funds except for some Bill Gross bond funds in DW's 401K.

Equity: all passive but some switching in asset classes based on backtested algorithms

Bonds: intermediate bond funds are active but lowish ER's (Gross's BOND, DODIX)
plus old Ibond keepers and short term bonds indexed

I have a few active funds but most of my holdings are indexes. Active doesn't bother me as long as they capture the appropriate segments/factors and are cheap.

I have a few active funds but most of my holdings are indexes. Active doesn't bother me as long as they capture the appropriate segments/factors and are cheap.

We're mostly in 401k/403b, so more than 80% active, but low fees, lower the better.
8% is in an E-trade Rollover that I invest 60% in stocks--fairly effectively over the last 5 years, particularly considering that the cash % was pretty large (>30%) until the last 12 months. Screwing that up won't kill the overall portfolio. NOK, SDL, AFLAC, TOT, and Mr. Softy have helped the last two years, doubt I can keep that up.

Back
Top Bottom