Dbym ?

Well HFWR, that's one way to do it! :LOL:

Somehow this video seems apropos, and I just can't help but post it. The song brings back old memories, and I guess it puts forth one argument against cremation in a particular situation... ;)

I want to be on a beach . A very nice beach !

I highly recommend Ipanema.
This is the actual "girl from Ipanema" who inspired Tom Jobim to write the song:
img_1139547_0_d36599f4b9f01608272a2ee785a32c0a.jpg

I want to be cremated and my ashes to be scattered from a helicopter over one of my favourite childhood places

I think that's the best way I know.
When my Dad died, I followed his wishes and scattered his ashes at his favorite deep-sea fishing location outside New York harbor. When Mom goes, her ashes will join them at the same place.

I still haven't decided on my own spot yet, but the default location until I do is the top of Pike's Peak in Colorado.

Definitely cloning, I would like to go around one more time only this time with a copy of my autobiography and a key to the safety deposit box!

It's a great idea, but you have to OK with possibility that you'll be the butt of a lot of jokes in the med school anatomy lab. For example, a friend's med school lab group named their cadaver "Pieces of April."

braumeister said:
I highly recommend Ipanema.
This is the actual "girl from Ipanema" who inspired Tom Jobim to write the song:

Let's see the one that inspired "Itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini."

We have an 85 year-old friend who scattered her husband's ashes in the backyard of her McMansion. The house is too big for her now, but can she move?

A couple years ago after several winters of erosive storms, Honolulu was going to dredge off Waikiki and restore the sand to the beach. All the paperwork and hearings were going fine until someone pointed out that hundreds of surfers (including Duke Kahanamoku) had their ashes scattered in the waters of Waikiki, so in effect the dredge would be disturbing a Hawaiian burial site.

I'm not sure how the issue was resolved, but watch where you're walking on Queen's beach.

It's a great idea, but you have to OK with possibility that you'll be the butt of a lot of jokes in the med school anatomy lab. For example, a friend's med school lab group named their cadaver "Pieces of April."
We might already be the butt of med school jokes...

Being what I think a logical person I detest the thought of my passing costing $5-10K, to rack, pack and send off to the great unknown. I have actually been looking into donating my body for tissue study and whatever else the medical community wants to use my remains for. This can all be done and at no cost and they will even send what is left of the remains in cremated form back to family within about six weeks.

Would this be the ultimate in DBYM ?

Seriously though has anyone here ever considered going this very cost effective route ?

No viewing, no conventional funeral or burial, just call a number and they come take your body away.

My MIL had the papers filled out for years to donate herself to the local university after her death. She died, we called, they came, she left, her cremains were returned 2 years later, she made a final trip back to her hometown. Very simple and straightforward and the only cost was to drive her back "home" to be sprinkled.

Back
Top Bottom