Dimensional Global 60/40

earlychicago

Confused about dryer sheets
I'm considering investing in the Dimensional Fund Advisors Golobal Balanced 60/40 Fund (DGSIX). It's a fund of funds with and although the fund is relatively new, many of the funds included have long term track records. Does anyone know if a simulation has been done for this fund to see what the long term track record would be if the fund had been around for a longer period of time. Both performance and risk/standard deviation?

I don't think you can buy DFA directly, so you must be either a financial adviser registered with DFA (why are you asking advice here) or your financial adviser is proposing this.

I'm in the fortunate position of being able to buy DFA without the large advisory fee...

How? Are you a financial advisor?

How? Are you a financial advisor?
Maybe they are only paying a small advisory fee. There are some outfits that will give one access to DFA funds without any other handholding for a small fee.

I just read the December issue of Portfolio magazine (picked it up at Half Price Books, naturally). There's a lengthy article on an adviser who grew tired of working for Wall Street and went through a screening process to become a DFA seller.

Although the writer tells the broker's story with great drama, it's mostly about DFA and their approach to mutual funds. Very interesting, particularly if you're not too familiar with the company.

Blaine Lourd Profile - Executive Articles - Portfolio.com

I was researching firms to buy DFA from and recall finding one in Northern California that had very low fees. I decided to go through AssetBuilder Inc. - Registered Investment Advisor (fees) because their fees were reasonable to me and I like their simplistic approach. I like the fact they are not providing Financial Planning services just acting as your Registered Investment Adviser (RIA). Until I feel comfortable at DIY then I will pay a Financial Planner on an hourly basis to help me out. I used to work at a Fee Only financial planning firm and even though they are fee only, they still work with their close partners to put you into products. I feel splitting the services completely will get me better non-biased input until I understand things enough and feel comfortable moving forward on my own (at even lower fees).

Disclosure: I know Scott Burns through emails, he is an Airstreamer and we have some mutual friends in Dallas. We have never met in person but for the most part I like his advice. That is how I ended up choosing AssetBuilder for access to DFA.

Back
Top Bottom