DIY Meal Replacement Shakes/Smoothies?

SunnyOne

Recycles dryer sheets
Will be having oral surgery soon and going on a liquid diet. I figured I would use this as an opportunity to develop my own meal replacement shakes....

So far, I've come up with:

protein powder
collagen peptides powder
assorted liquids: milk, juice, water
liquid vitamin/mineral supplements
fruits/veggies
fiber
nut butters
prebiotics/probiotics

What am I missing? What might you add to make as complete nutrition as possible?
Thanks

Various and sundry fruits, berries and veggies put in a blender with yogurt or water. Whatever suits your taste.

What am I missing?

You may not be missing it and I'm sure your provider will tell you, but keep in mind that you will not be able to suck your shake through a straw.

When my son was recovering from his ameloblastoma surgeries we did a combo of things blended.

Most involved fruit and yogurt with some protein powder.
If he was craving savory, I'd make him broths.

The hard part was learning to make the smoothies/shakes thin enough since he was not allowed to use a straw.

He was able to switch to 'soft foods' within 10 days (which lasted another month). Lots of options there. But his go to was mashed potatoes.

My go to smoothie:
yogurt (any flavor)
frozen fruit (whatever I have)
carrots
banana
protein powder
milk/water to the line
sometimes I add a scoop of Juce Reds daily super food

As others have mentioned, you will not be able to use a straw after oral surgery.
Best Wishes for quick and healthy healing!

A shot of Vodka blend in well, too! :LOL:
Nooooooooo!!!

(I was thinking I'd skip the juice as it has none of the fiber, and stick with some organic berries/ vegetables - along with the various protein sources of course.). DS picks up frozen organic fruit at Costco. One time he picked up a package of fruit with chunks of kale which was prepackaged for smoothies. I mixed it with a protein powder and some yogurt, and although he doesn't like kale, he couldn't taste it and down it went.

OP - I was checking your list for fats - and I see you're getting them in the nut butters. Carry on . . . :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom