Downsizing - seriously!

Good point! In fact, DW and I were sitting in a Mexican restaurant Sunday evening waiting for dinner to arrive and I brought the subject up. I told her I was wondering if there was any way she could sort of "compress" the space her quilting "stuff" consumes. I'll spare you the details of her response, but you can imagine. :( Then she asked when I was going to get rid of most of my ham radio equipment so we'd have more space.......... It really wasn't a pretty discussion. I quickly ordered a couple more Negra Modello's. Shots of tequilla might have been more appropriate!

From TromboneAl:

Good point TA! :)

In the end, we concluded that we have some opportunities to enjoy our hobbies more space efficiently, but we're not interested in giving them up. Watching other folks kayak on TV just wouldn't be the same as being outside doing it ourselves!

As my reward for bringing the subject up, I received several assignments. :eek:

1. Move the kayak storage rack on the north wall of the garage higher so DW doesn't bump her head when getting out of her car.
2. Pick up and spread a load of mulch on DW's rose beds.
3. Move the vintage Collins 75S3-B HF receiver from the dining room table where I plopped it upon returning from an electronic swap fest several months ago.......
4. Free up about two kilobux cash to get her a nifty new quilting bench in lieu of the folding tables she uses now. (Will take less space :p)
5. Get a new attitude about household chores. For example, grass mowing, painting/decorating, car repairs, bill paying, etc., are my hobbies and are not to be considered chores!

Sometimes it might be better to just let things go and not bring them up for discussion.

Next time, bring it up on an Internet forum with a bunch of strangers, and we'll help you formulate the correct response............also, I do hope you own a comfortable couch.............;):p

5. Get a new attitude about household chores. For example, grass mowing, painting/decorating, car repairs, bill paying, etc., are my hobbies and are not to be considered chores!

Geez, you might as well just go to work!

Sometimes it might be better to just let things go and not bring them up for discussion.

:D:D:D:D You've been married how long?? And only now you're learning this kernel of wisdom? Gotta pick your battles, and know when to fight 'em!

:D:D:D:D You've been married how long?? And only now you're learning this kernel of wisdom? Gotta pick your battles, and know when to fight 'em!

:2funny:

37 years........... Yeah, you're right. Normally I do pretty well at remembering to not poke the bear! What was I thinking?

She's substitute teaching today. I've got a kettle of minestrone soup going on the stove, got a couple of easy to notice chores done and picked her up a bottle of Bailey's. Also loaded two of the kayaks on top of the truck so she can see I'm planning on taking her Thursday (temps supposed to be in the low 70's) without her asking. And I still have plenty of time for my nap.

All will be well........... ;)

Last edited:
Geez, you might as well just go to work!

I know it's just my point of view and personal feelings about it....... But even if I had to do ugly chores around the house 24 x 7, that would be infinitely better than going to w*rk! :)

DW management is tough, but not nearly as tough as boss management was!

Next time, bring it up on an Internet forum with a bunch of strangers, and we'll help you formulate the correct response............also, I do hope you own a comfortable couch.............;):p

Yeah, I know I can always count of you guys to steer me in the right direction! ;)

Isn't having a comfortable couch in the family room on the same level as having running water in the kitchen? An RE guy without a comfortable couch? What would be the point of RE?

Naptime here........

Isn't having a comfortable couch in the family room on the same level as having running water in the kitchen? An RE guy without a comfortable couch? What would be the point of RE?

Well, for me, I prefer to nap in a bed. However, the couch we have is very comfortable, although DW wasn't crazy about the color. Here's how I "sold" her:

Me: This couch is so comfortable, I could fall asleep right here.......

DW: I don't like the color AT ALL............

Me: Can I ask you a serious question?

DW: Yes..........

Me: In the "unlikely" event that we argue and are mad at each other, who will be the one sleeping on the couch, you or me?

DW: I think you know the answer.......

Me: So, do you like the color now?

DW: Works for me............:D

:D:D youbet, you made my day! Sometimes it takes me more than once to learn something, but that is one lesson that I will never learn!

Me: So, do you like the color now?

DW: Works for me............
cheesy.gif

LOL!

Back
Top Bottom