DQOTD: Removing (Optional) Items From A Car Before Selling?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I may be selling a car soon, and it occurs to me I might do better by keeping the optional extra items and selling them myself. Happened by chance with my last car, I sold roof cross bars and a retractable cargo cover on eBay for almost $500. I am assuming CarMax or whoever I sell this car to won't add anything to their offer with our without optional extras.

For this car, I have a cargo tray, cargo net, first aid kit, carpeted floor mats **, cargo cover and wheel locks - all new in packages. Figure I may get an extra $500+ selling those items myself online - easy peasy.

**I have WeatherTech mats I'll leave with the car.

We just left stuff with our ancient Jeep unless we thought we might reuse them. Mainly because we are too lazy to deal with selling stuff on eBay anymore. We haven’t done that in 15 years.

Sounds like a great idea to me. When I was leasing pickups for business purposes I would buy the cargo bay cover and use it on my leased trucks. When Ford redesigned their trucks I sold the roll-up cargo bay cover from my F150 on Craigs List, then bought a new one for my next lease. When I switched from Ford to Ram in 2015 I again sold my roll-up cargo bay cover from my Ford pickup on Craig's List. When I turned my 2015 Ram in after the lease I had them install the cargo bay cover on the 2018 I leased. When my lease was up on the 2018 I bought the truck as the lease buyout amount was substantially below Blue Book value.

People in this area also sell things like the weather tech mats separately- independently

Back
Top Bottom