Early Retirement Reality TV Show?

Did anybody except Elaine really work or have jobs on Seinfeld?

Did anybody except Elaine really work or have jobs on Seinfeld?

George worked for the Yankees. Kramer did something, but I can't remember what. And didn't Jerry do comedy?

Ha

Yeah, Jerry was somewhat of a slacker because he just did his comedy shows. Kramer usually tried to make money through scurrilous lawsuits XD

George job hopped as I remember it. Seemed he had many more than a couple different careers.
Seinfeld was a comedian and always trying out jokes on others, but they were all so self-involved that nobody listened to them; and THAT was part of the premise of the show being 4 very self-involved "friends" who were totally caught up in their own little worlds was part of the joke.
Don't remember Kramer doing anything except being a scammer as already said.

I think Kramer sold Muffin tops or Ice Cream at some point but I'm having a senior moment.

According to George, "His [Kramer's] whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2,000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors, and have sex without dating… That’s a fantasy camp."

In that Bizarro Jerry episode, Kramer worked in an office for a few days, unpaid, before being let go. He also worked at a bagel store in that Festivus ("for the rest of us") episode after being on strike for 5 or 10 years.

Another line from Seinfeld I often quoted just after I ERed 2 years ago was when Kramer told Jerry he was retiring and moving to Florida (with Jerry's parents). Jerry replied, "From what?" LOL!

George had several jobs. One was with a real estate agency. Then with the Yankees. He worked for an office ("The Penske File") for about a week. He worked for that inept playground equipment company, too.

Elaine worked for a publishing company, then as a personal assistant for Mr. Pitt, then for Mr. Peterman at that clothing catalog company.

I think an ER show would be awful. They would have people falling apart: drug addiction, despair, infidelities, financial calamities, all because they couldn't figure out what to do all day.

What about Kramer's Coffee Table Book - that could also be a coffee table!

Has there ever been one? Sounds like a good idea!
I finally figured out the flaw in the concept.

Reality shows aren't watched for their reality-- they're all about the drama, angst, conflict, and hysterics. Throw in some salty vocabulary, a few shouting matches, and some tears. Perhaps a Trump-sized ego or two.

Where in the ER lifestyle would we find any of that?!?

Maybe an ER documentary would be better. We could get Ken Burns to direct the "Mutual of Omaha" guys. We could call it... oh, I don't know... just off the top of my head... "What do you DO all day?!?"

Day 1: (Tense whisper) "Here we are starting out the day with our first ER in his natural (and unstructured) environment. Oh, look, he's going surfing! And now... yes... down for a nap. Wait, wait, he's stirring... there he goes... chores, dinner, and off to taekwondo."

Day 2: "Well, look at that. Surfing again."

Day 3: "Well, looks like he's headed out surfing again-- no wait, he missed the turn! Oh, I see, he's surfing the North Shore today."

Day 4: "Golly, more surfing. How surprising. I can't wait to see what he'll be up to tomorrow."

Day 5: [The series has been canceled for re-runs of "I Love Lucy"...]

Back
Top Bottom