Evaluate my 'folio?

Past six months have not been great for stocks. VTSAX in 2013 returned somewhere around 29% and last year over 10%, I think without looking. Don't sweat the past six months. It goes up it goes down and you've got a long ride ahead. It dropped a lot worse the first three months I started investing.

My son is your age and he's totally in VTSAX. No bonds. You are young enough that you shouldn't worry about the volatility of stocks. The VG small and mid caps seem redundant since you have VTSAX.

I'm not a fan of target retirement funds, either. Frankly, the low cost VTSAX is the only thing you need right now, except your savings.

Overall, you've done a nice job of accumulating.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
Lot's of advice to digest here, and I appreciate it all. I am currently rebalancing my TSP and assessing my budget to see how much I can be investing (should have done this a while ago).

I have run into another question that has probably been answered somewhere else but I can't find it.

Question: How much more tax efficient would it be to hold ETF's in my taxable investment accounts rather than the mutual funds I'm currently holding, and what would be the risks of doing so?

Back
Top Bottom