Fact-checked Medical Advice

RonBoyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
And it's about time:

Google adds fact-checked medical advice to search

"All of the gathered facts represent real-life clinical knowledge from these doctors and high-quality medical sources across the web, and the information has been checked by medical doctors at Google and the Mayo Clinic for accuracy."

Nevertheless, Google is at pains to remind users that the new feature "doesn’t mean these search results are intended as medical advice." The company doesn't want the liability of even pretending to replace doctors,
Googled medical data is a byword for unverified, scaremongering advice — by fact-checking this basic data in advance, Google can begin to build up some trust in its medical credentials.

Very interesting - will look forward to seeing how the info is presented and if it makes it more likely to get to the good stuff instead of the quacks. Thanks for posting!

I guarantee we will not accept the accuracy of the fact-checked medical data if the data conflict with our own ideas.

I guarantee we will not accept the accuracy of the fact-checked medical data if the data conflict with our own ideas.

One of my currently favorite quotes:

"No one agrees with other people's opinions; they merely agree with their own opinions -- expressed by somebody else." --Sydney Tremayne

"No one agrees with other people's opinions; they merely agree with their own opinions -- expressed by somebody else." --Sydney Tremayne
Amen

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom