Fido 1099 now available

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Got my Fidelity 1099 this morning. Now I can do my taxes..

I got mine a couple of weeks ago. It's nice to have a simple account.

I was able to finally download the Fidelity 1099s, very last tax document I needed. Hope to finish my taxes this weekend.

My (snake-bit) friend, the one whose taxes I do, got his shown on line last night, so I was able to finish his tax returns (subject to finalizing). A 1099 from another financial institution came out a few days earlier.

My own Fido 1099 came out 2 weeks ago, as it was a far simpler document to prepare.

My 1099 is marked as preliminary. They are waiting on one fund.

They give 3/3 as the release date.

Well, I just found out that the Fidelity 1099s are incomplete. If you own Fidelity mutual funds in a taxable account, they have not made available the percentage of dividends that are sourced from US Govt Securities.

Has an impact if you have a brokerage account and use Fidelity Govt MM fund as your sweep account (I believe it is mandatory). Last year, about 73% of the dividends from this fund were exempt from state taxes. Other funds may or may not have a significant source of dividends from Govt securities.

Of course, YMMV.

My 1099 is marked as preliminary. They are waiting on one fund.

They give 3/3 as the release date.
Bummer

Well, I just found out that the Fidelity 1099s are incomplete. If you own Fidelity mutual funds in a taxable account, they have not made available the percentage of dividends that are sourced from US Govt Securities.

Has an impact if you have a brokerage account and use Fidelity Govt MM fund as your sweep account (I believe it is mandatory). Last year, about 73% of the dividends from this fund were exempt from state taxes. Other funds may or may not have a significant source of dividends from Govt securities.

Of course, YMMV.
Bummer #2

I got mine a couple of weeks ago. It's nice to have a simple account.
Good point.

I just got my last one from FIDO, but still waiting on one from myDW's account with UBS.

Of course, YMMV.

Last year we had to wait until the end of March for the foreign source income on a couple of Fidelity funds. I hope they publish that info sooner this year.

I was happy to see that this year as FIDO had our 1099 issued on 1/27/18. Was expecting it to be about now based on last year.

I was finally able to download my FIDO brokerage statement yesterday. It had 1099-INT, 1099-DIV and 1099-B transactions.

I sure am glad I never allowed Vanguard to convert my Mutual Fund account to a brokerage account in that the Vanguard tax forms are required to be published by 1/31 still.

-gauss

I was finally able to download my FIDO brokerage statement yesterday. It had 1099-INT, 1099-DIV and 1099-B transactions.

I sure am glad I never allowed Vanguard to convert my Mutual Fund account to a brokerage account in that the Vanguard tax forms are required to be published by 1/31 still.

-gauss

Note that the vanguard brokerage 1099s where available on 2/14 for downloading, have not yet shown up in the mail.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom