Finding a new physician

cbo111

Full time employment: Posting here.
My current MD just sent a notice that she is moving out of the area and gave me some names of possible replacements. I tried to look up the qualifications of several docs on Healthgrades, WebMD, ratemds, etc. These websites used to be pretty decent at providing info like where the doc went to med school, how long in practice, patient ratings, etc. Now they don't provide much of anything except an office telephone number to "make an appointment."
Does anyone know of any decent websites that provide a little more information on physicians?

What I found when I went looking for a new doc a few years ago was that there really isn't a lot of info available. And it's quite likely that you'll find any that are accepting new patients are younger, so that makes available information even scarcer.

What I did was to research as much as I could online, narrow things down by geography, and then call to see if I could set up an appointment just to interview the doc to see if we would be a good fit.

Of the ones who responded affirmatively, I went and interviewed four, spending 15-20 minutes with each. I picked the one who seemed most compatible with me and I've been happy with him.

My current MD just sent a notice that she is moving out of the area and gave me some names of possible replacements. I tried to look up the qualifications of several docs on Healthgrades, WebMD, ratemds, etc. These websites used to be pretty decent at providing info like where the doc went to med school, how long in practice, patient ratings, etc. Now they don't provide much of anything except an office telephone number to "make an appointment."
Does anyone know of any decent websites that provide a little more information on physicians?
Some insurance companies provide some pretty good details of the doctors within their network... Mine does on their website. You might logon and check yours.

Last edited:
Some insurance companies provide some pretty good details of the doctors within their network... Mine does on their website. You might logon and check yours.

That's what I normally do, we have BlueCross/BlueShield PPO coverage. Hopefully we won't be looking again for quite a while.

Back
Top Bottom