Firewood stacking for the compulsive artistic type:

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
8tyGp.png

Cool!

As a kid, I spent many summer days stacking firewood but my stacks never looked so nice!

That is beautiful. Those of us in carpenter ant country also appreciate that it is stacked away from the house.

I keep a short stack in the barn, everything else is getting aged in a pile. Except for the one pile that has a constant [-]rattle[/-] buzz when I go out there.:whistle:

No wonder you are so "calm and low key"....working on stuff like that!
That's great.

Not my work, just found the image. I'm lucky to get a wavering pile up to the 6' level.

there was a college student who every summer created the most amazing things from split firewood. he had a donation box to defray college costs and also sold the wood come winter. the house was located on a state highway in the next state west of me and every fall i'd take a ride to see what he built this season. i would take pictures from various angles and close ups, they allowed you to walk around and check things out.

off the top of my head these are the various things he built - a biplane, motorcycle, train with locomotive and cars and caboose, tractor trailer, i remember a cabin but forget what else there was that year, a bear and cubs. these things were huge some where full life size. then one fall there was nothing so i guess he was done with college and went to work. too bad it was really something to see.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom