% Gains in Portfolio

RobLJ

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
About a month ago I noticed in Quicken that investment gains had reached more than 50% of the portfolio; a year or two ago, I thought this might take until 2019/2020 to reach.
This measures gains on invested assets (403b/401k contributions before tax; employer match; IRA/Roth; and brokerage taxable investments and savings).
We have contributed to stock/bond investments for about 23-26 years, so I'm curious how long it took you to reach the 50% level.

Or what % are your gains and time in the market (obviously this is a moving target)? Idle curiosity; I don't think it means much, although I do talk about it to the DSs to encourage their utilizing their 401ks and the potential benefits over the long term.

i think on my 8th birthday. My grandma gave me $5 dollars, i already had $5 in the savings account. That was my only matching funds i ever got.

Hee. The match (for me and DW) was in lieu of a pension; I could have gone the pension route but opted for a 403b match instead, which turned out to work in my benefit--so far.

i think on my 8th birthday. My grandma gave me $5 dollars, i already had $5 in the savings account. That was my only matching funds i ever got.

Back
Top Bottom