GardenLady, just saying hello!

GardenLady

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello!
I'm new to this forum. I'm self-employed in ecommerce and design, a wife & mom of 2. My flexible work schedule makes me feel "semi-retired", so I'm just hoping to connect with some like-minded people here!:greetings10:

Welcome! Make yourself at home. :)

How old are your kids? Is your spouse planning for retirement?

Welcome GardenLady - from another wife and mom of two. How old are your kids? Mine are 14 and 16.... the volatile teen years...

Thanks everyone! My kids are 6 and 8.

My husband is not really planning for retirement, he's a business owner (with lots of his family working for him), I don't know if he'd ever "retire", he's just so hands-on with his business.

6 and 8 is a good phase of life. Kids are old enough to be at school... curious about everything and learning stuff like crazy. But not yet teenagers. LOL.

Yes I love it! I'm 39, and actually debating if I want to try having another baby (leaning toward no because of DH). A little background, basically I've generated a lot of residual/royalty income, so I really only have to work as much as I choose to at this point.

DH still works a lot. He has his personal goals, and he helps his family a lot (I mean his parents & siblings). So here I am, paying most of the bills, kids are at school and after-school programs, DH working, and me with lots of free time. DH is my best friend, but the past few years, I've really tried to come out of my introvert tendencies for mental health purposes, but it's been really hard to find like-minded friends of my age. Most people that are free during the day are either much older, the young ones are usually full-time Moms (which is great, but most don't really have the time, childcare or money to do much outside of the home). So I thought this would be a good place for advice.

Back
Top Bottom