Gender (I'll show you mine, and you show me yours)

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
Wags brought to my attention that you cannot check a poster's gender on their profile. Although members must include their gender, it was kept private.

Given the way pronouns work, life will be much easier if those who are so inclined can check the profile for someone's gender.

For you secrecy fanatics, today we added undisclosed as an option.

July 1 the gender field in the profile will be public. You have until that date to secretly change your gender. >:D

After July 1 if we have a sex change operation are we stuck with our gender or can we change it on the boards? :)

I'll check tomorrow morning in the shower. BTW, what are the external signs of each possible gender? I want it correct, you know.

As the board's official medical officer, please be advised that all members will be required to take this test in order to retain their status as full fledged board members.

And speaking of "members," if you have one, you're a male.

Wags brought to my attention that you cannot check a poster's gender on their profile. Although members must include their gender, it was kept private.

Given the way pronouns work, life will be much easier if those who are so inclined can check the profile for someone's gender.

July 1 the gender field in the profile will be public. You have until that date to secretly change your gender. >:D

Hey Dude... :D

Why should I waste my time looking to see their gender.... who cares!!!

BTW... was only 10 of 12... disappointing....

10 out of 12 also. Which is roughly as good as I do on the internet for people without obvious screen names.

This is so going to help with the e-r.org matchmaking subforum.

I also got 10/12. This was fairly hard; there were several that I wasn't sure- some I guessed right, some wrong.

Ha

NOTICE:

FIRE is not tolerant of pretenders, so by our July 1 calenders, we must all be senders of our genders. The moderators, acting as goaltenders, will be apprehenders of all discommenders. But without tender to force surrender, what about the gender-benders, out marching in rainbow suspenders? Do we really need to know about transgender, cross-dressers, or sexual amenders? Hmm… If anyone incorrectly reports their genders, will they be labeled as offenders? Or conscientious contenders to forum engenders?

I act as commender to those who attender to this lofty agenda…

The ender.

9 out of 12. Apparently there's only one way to know for sure....

!0 out of 12. To be sure give them the "Mick test". A la Crocodile Dundee.

7 out of 12.

("Which is roughly as good as I do on the internet for people without obvious screen names.")

NOTICE:

FIRE is not tolerant of pretenders, so by our July 1 calenders, we must all be senders of our genders. The moderators, acting as goaltenders, will be apprehenders of all discommenders. But without tender to force surrender, what about the gender-benders, out marching in rainbow suspenders? Do we really need to know about transgender, cross-dressers, or sexual amenders? Hmm… If anyone incorrectly reports their genders, will they be labeled as offenders? Or conscientious contenders to forum engenders?
I act as commender to those who attender to this lofty agenda…
The ender.

Someone has waaaay to much time in retirement. lmao....but that was funny.

thanks
b

9 of 12

But I know my wife is a woman.

The next most important question is can you tell the woman's true hair color?

I asked Wags to post here and tell us what this is all about. In case anyone else is wondering, he referred me to post #54 by Martha on a thread titled, "Destroyed CIA Tapes Spur Probes." Beware, it's a soapbox thread that is currently debating abortion.

Though Wags brought it to my attention, Wags is not the reason for the change. We simply did not realize that gender was a non-public field. One person has expressed concern about changing what was private to public. If you have concerns, let us know. The reason for the change is to simply facilitate ease in conversations, so people don't have to guess gender or use stilted language when talking to another poster.

Martha,

Can you please point out how we can check our own gender on the forums before July 1? Thanks to RIT I was able to successfully confirm that I am in fact male, and I don't think anyone who's read my posts for any great length of time would be confused about that fact, but I am a thorough type and while I normally am not deceitful in such circumstances, I wouldn't want to have accidentally marked myself as of the fairer sex when registering here and thus create confusion after the big reveal.

(I looked all over the "User CP" area but couldn't find the correct place.)

Thanks,

2Cor521

2Cor, I, um, peeked, and confirmed that your membership indicates, um, that you have a member. It is the the edit your details section, if that helps.

:cool:

Sarah,

Ummm, thanks! I found it now, thanks to your help. :rolleyes:

Always good for the nurse to be friendly. :D

2Cor521

Back
Top Bottom