Glaxo Smith Kline Slapped with $3B Fine

easysurfer said:
Not what usually comes to mind when you think of drug dealer/pusher.

GlaxoSmithKline to pay $3 billion fraud settlement - Jul. 2, 2012

They even pushed Paxil for kids under 18 years of age. For many, Paxil is a horrible drug to ever try to kick the habit of.

No jail sentence? Just a fine? Wow. Just pay the ticket and they're back on the street, with just a probation officer dropping by every once in a while.

Americans no doubt are the most over drugged people on the face of the earth. It is all about the money.

Well, people always want some miracle drugs. Pop this pill and all your trouble is gone.

I have heard about patients complaining that the FDA has been slow in approving drugs, and that other countries have access to new drugs long before we do. What's the truth?

I have heard about patients complaining that the FDA has been slow in approving drugs, and that other countries have access to new drugs long before we do. What's the truth?
I think the appropriate phrase is "guinea pigs".

I know that medical device companies prefer to do their human trials overseas (cheaper) and hopefully pick up an international certification or two enroute the FDA. It helps speed up the FDA's review.

Back
Top Bottom