Glenn Hubbard Makes Good Suggestions That Of Course Will Never Be Used in America

We need more toll roads.

We also need a subscription based firefighting service. :whistle:

GOD.... I hate toll roads.... come up with something else :flowers:

We kind of do have that where I am.... it is a volunteer service and we are taxed directly for that service... prior to them starting the tax, we paid a voluntary $3 per month on a utility bill that went to the firefighters (the suggested amount)... now I pay $80 for fire and $48 for EMS

BTW, the one time I called EMS for a dog bite, they did not show up for over 1 hour.... took my son in myself long before they came...

Seeds of Destruction: Why the Path to Economic Ruin Runs Through Washington, and How to Reclaim American Prosperity

by R. Glenn Hubbard (Chairmain of the Council of Economic Advisers for George W. Bush)

I'm I the only one who sees the irony in this?

I am willing to give up congressional pay raises, Healthcare and 25% of their SS as that is the deal they are giving us. Fix it for us and then their benefits should never be any better than the average of the private sector.

I am willing to give up congressional pay raises, Healthcare and 25% of their SS as that is the deal they are giving us. Fix it for us and then their benefits should never be any better than the average of the private sector.

The average congressman and senator doesn't care very much about his official pay and benefits. They make far more in "good deals" while they are in office and lucrative employment afterward. Reducing congressional pay and benefits would just assure that only the very richest people, or the ones most intent on making money with outside assistance, run for public office.

Back
Top Bottom