Global cooling

ronin

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So a winter storm blows thru last night, in Sept!, and I wake up to a stream of water cascading down the inside of my bay window and the dogs huddled up in the high corner of the flooded patio. Rain gutters are plugged with leaves, wind turbines uncovered. After a groggy assessment of priorities, it's me perched on a ladder with the caulking gun squirting goo into the seam of the stucco and the trim under the roof, in the pouring rain, up on the roof covering the turbines and then dissassembling the gutters and reaming them out. Lucy and Karly are following me around in the rain wondering what the #$%!? Coffee!

Climate is what to expect.
Weather is what you get.

So a winter storm blows thru last night, in Sept!...
The good news is that climate says you can take a hundred-year break until this happens again!

How's the storm surf?

Why do you need to cover the turbines? I've never seen rain go through them. That's assuming the bearings are good and they can spin. It would seem counter-productive to have a roof vent that can't handle rain!

Nords, this first storm of the season was enough of a gully washer to keep me out of the water for a few days until all the gunk settles. I used to think of it as my yearly inoculation, but without epic surf, cost/benefit argues against it. Otherwise it's 2-3' and fair.

Telly, normally they don't leak but have had a couple of occasions when they have(?). So, err on the side of safety. Plus, attic is uninsulated and house tends to ventilate like a giant screen door, so maybe it helps hold in a little warmth in the dead of winter. S'possed to be in the 80s today and 90s next week so probably getting whipsawed here.​

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom