Greece trip

Montecfo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Planning a trip to Greece probably about 3-4 weeks. Either May or Sept, shooting for this May if we can make it work.

So subject is Greek Isles. We know we are going to Crete. What other islands would you guys suggest or recommend?

We love beaches, hiking, sightseeing, history and adventure. We are less interested in fancy restaurants or nightlife.

All ideas welcome as we are planning away.

Working on it. But the mainland part is easier in my view as you have the option of car or train travel.

With the islands it is mostly ferries. Some airports.

Latest thoughts are:

Start in Crete (flying in from London), then Santorini then maybe Naxos (or Milos?) then the underfined mainland leg last before flying back to London and then home.

We are interested in other islands such as Corfu, Patmos, Skiathos among others but these seem to fit better into different trips or ones where we are planning to spend more time. Lots to do around the Mediterranean for sure.

One thought - May will still be chilly on the islands. If you care about beaches, September will be much better. September is still pleasant enough for hiking and other activities, and the beaches are wonderful then.

That is certainly a consideration!

Maybe we go in Sept and to the warmer islands... Of the Caribbean in May.

Which is good as it takes some time to figure everything out for Greece.

Just booked a Lindblad cruise to the Greek Cyclades (islands) for Sept of 2025. Got the last of the cheap seat cabins. The cruise looks almost sold out 18 months before we sail, yikes. We live in a small house so a small cabin fits us.

We really enjoyed our Country Walkers tour of Athens, north to Meteora and the Peloponnese peninsula south.

In Sept 2024 we are hiking with CW again. Croatia and the Dalmatia coast and islands.

We are falling in love with that part of the world.

Back
Top Bottom