Greetings and salutations! I want ER, too!

The Seeker

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello, all! I am new to this website and am looking forward to reading and learning from all you pro's out there. Let me tell you something about myself to begin with. As stated on my profile, I am 40, no wife or kids. I have been saving like the dickin's towards my retirement via my brokerage account for stocks...am a member of The Motley Fool Million Dollar Portfolio and planning on making it in 20 years time, maybe less. I've got a decent sized emergency fund, maxing out my 401k for the first time ever since February of this year and am saving up for a duplex to rent out both floors. I've got about 17 grand saved up for that thus far. I won't say I am frugal like a monk, but am good at saving.
I was in debt up to my neck about seven years ago until I finally got a good paying job. Since then, I am shy when it comes to credit. It's also why I want to save up and buy the duplex, cash only. I know other people have done it. I don't care about low mortgage rates, I just don't want to owe anyone anything. I will live in a tent in Alaska or out of a ruck sack if I have to. I am learning what I can about property management via books, blogs and anyone I know who's got hard experience in it. Bored yet? Enough of my jabbering. Thanks for listening!:greetings10:

Welcome :flowers:

It sounds like you are well on the way to ER.

It sounds like you have things well in hand. I agree completely about not owing anybody anything. I was also in deep debt up until about 32 years old when I came to my senses and struggled out of it. With the exception of a home loan I have had no loans since then; when I did buy a house I bought at a good price on a 5 year personal loan.

I have just joined the forum and I am having a look round and there seems to be an interesting mix of people on here.

I am interested in the stock market and have played with a couple of demo accounts without to much success, which is why I guess luckily I have not progressed from the demo status.

I am looking forward to interacting with the forum and maybe finding some useful tips and advice that might help me.

Back
Top Bottom