Health insurance claims check -- print it out yourself?

explanade

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Has anyone paid out of pocket and then submitted a claim that was later paid out by the health insurer?

My Anthem Blue Cross insurance approve a large claim I submitted and in the Explanation of Benefits, there is actually an image of a check.

In fact, they broke my claim for the same event into 3 different EOBs and 2 of the EOBs have the image of the same check.

So am I suppose to print it up and deposit it, rather than expect to get a check in the mail?

Actually I'm going to try to deposit it by mobile app, taking a picture of my computer screen with my iPhone.

Has anyone paid out of pocket and then submitted a claim that was later paid out by the health insurer?

My Anthem Blue Cross insurance approve a large claim I submitted and in the Explanation of Benefits, there is actually an image of a check.

In fact, they broke my claim for the same event into 3 different EOBs and 2 of the EOBs have the image of the same check.

So am I suppose to print it up and deposit it, rather than expect to get a check in the mail?

Actually I'm going to try to deposit it by mobile app, taking a picture of my computer screen with my iPhone.
hahahaha, My 8 dollar ebay phone that i pay 10 cents a minute can not do that. They need to lick a stamp and send me my check.

I've done that, but long ago. They should send you a check or electronic payment. I assume you sent them proof that you paid the bill. If not, they may pay the provider. In my case I only filed these after I paid the full bill. I would call your insurance company and ask.

Back when I had dental insurance, I used to stop at the office after cleaning, etc. and find that I had a significant credit from the last year - The insurance CO. had sent a larger check than estimated to the dentist. The dentist never let me know nor offered to send me a check. Is it possible that the check copies are what were sent to your provider already?

No I paid the provider with my credit card.

So it doesn't sound like a common practice, for people to download EOBs and print out their own checks.

Back when I had dental insurance, I used to stop at the office after cleaning, etc. and find that I had a significant credit from the last year - The insurance CO. had sent a larger check than estimated to the dentist. The dentist never let me know nor offered to send me a check. Is it possible that the check copies are what were sent to your provider already?

Same here with a small hospital bill couple years ago from screening test. I only figured out a few months later through insurance EOB statement that I over paid. Hospital Buttheads freely admitted I had a credit and also admitted they were never going to tell me..Holding it as a credit "whenever I used them again" (which I probably never will). I made them cut me a check.

When my former HI company had to make a payment to an OON provider, they cut a check to me and I had to either sign the check over to the provider or deposit it and pay them myself. In the EOB, there was a voided copy of the check when I viewed it on line.

Is the picture of the check in your name?

Is there a reverse side to the check?

If neither of these are a 'no' then it is not a check you can deposit...

Yes, I have submitted my own claim for dental work before... I also had a deductible reduction plan at my last job... they would pay part of your deductible, but you had to pay it up front...

Also, I would put in claims to get paid from my health spending account... now you have a card and it seems everybody accepts it, but that was not always the case...

The check has a number, routing number and a line where it says detach before depositing.

It has an image of the back, with the signature endorse line.

The check has a number, routing number and a line where it says detach before depositing.

It has an image of the back, with the signature endorse line.

Then yes, that is a check!!! Deposit it if you think it is the correct amount... for all EOBs.... if not, get in touch with insurance company to ask why...

I called. They didn't sound too sure at first but said okay.

Tried to take photo with iPhone of the check image on the computer screen but the app. for my credit union wouldn't enable the shutter button.

So I printed it out and then the mobile deposit worked.

Heh, about a couple of weeks later, I did get the check in the mail.

But my deposit from the printout was accepted by my credit union and hasn't been revoked or anything.

Back
Top Bottom