Health Insurance while traveling?

The one I have from Insure My Trip specifically states hospital of MY choice (I'm sure that is after they approve that the condition is serious enough, etc)

Many of the policies state they will med-evac you to a hospital of their choice-so it could be some podunk hospital in a country without great medical care.

I think that is what some of the credit card "free" med evac does.

Insure My Trip is (supposedly) to the hospital of MY choice in the US.

(I hope I never have to find out how accurate that may be.)

The one I have from Insure My Trip specifically states hospital of MY choice (I'm sure that is after they approve that the condition is serious enough, etc)

Many of the policies state they will med-evac you to a hospital of their choice-so it could be some podunk hospital in a country without great medical care.

I think that is what some of the credit card "free" med evac does.

Insure My Trip is (supposedly) to the hospital of MY choice in the US.

(I hope I never have to find out how accurate that may be.)

Insuremytrip.com is a broker. The actual carriers are companies like AIG and Allianz.

Which carriers and policies are you choosing that specifies hospitals of YOUR choice?

As for preapproval, I assume you can't just decide and order a med evacuation and then expect to get reimbursed.

You'd have to be stable enough for a possible intercontinental flight and the carrier would have to approve it.

Insuremytrip.com is a broker. The actual carriers are companies like AIG and Allianz.

Which carriers and policies are you choosing that specifies hospitals of YOUR choice?

As for preapproval, I assume you can't just decide and order a med evacuation and then expect to get reimbursed.

You'd have to be stable enough for a possible intercontinental flight and the carrier would have to approve it.

Oops--so sorry. It is Medjet Assist for the med evac. DH has something through Insure My Trip for individual trips. Medjet Assist is an annual policy for med-evac. Got the two mixed-up.

Back
Top Bottom